1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69521] stuck as ghost

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Meneliki, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meneliki

Meneliki Avatar

So I went to log into Online mode - tried last night, got stuck at 94% or so with an error, something to the effect of, "ERROR: Failed to establish network connection to scene" or something like that when I was trying to load into my player dungeon. So I quit out. Tried again, got the error on trying to load into my PoT. Quit out again.

This morning, I got the error again but I let it sit for a second, and it reloaded me into Novia - except I was a ghost on the over map. I loaded into a swamp scene, and I was still a ghost. Couldn't open my character sheet, or enter combat mode, but I could open my skills sheet. I wasn't "dead", as there were no ankhs and I could still be attacked by wolves etc. So I found one of those poison things and stood next to it to die properly. Found an ankh and, rezzed, but now I'm still a "live" ghost. Went back out in to novia, still a ghost.

Afraid to log into any more characters for fear of corrupting them too. (this guy was my main)

Not sure how reproducible this is. Happened after the failed login.
    16GB ram, i3 4360, GTX 1070, Win10 64 bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, when I try to load into a city, it hangs at 63% "Coordinating data" for a while, then I get this: [​IMG]

and then it reboots me into Novia.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  2. Meneliki

Meneliki Avatar

UPDATE: While I wasn't able to get into Aerie, I was able to get into Central Brittany, which I am now haunting:
    [​IMG]

3. Meneliki

Meneliki Avatar

UPDATE 2: Interacted with the oracle in Brittany, which resulted in an inescapable conversation(I could say things but the oracle made no response, and I couldn't exit the convo). So I quit the client again. Reloaded the game, back into Brittany, and this time my character seems to be back to normal.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Never heard of anything like this before - tagging @Chris and @Ravalox - maybe they can look at logs or something on the backend to see what might have happened here.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It also recently happened to Xrossfire Bugseye. They were able to restore their character thankfully.

Echondas likes this.
  6. Echondas

This just happened to me.. I died to Envy Angel, and I can use items (potions, talk, use glyphs, etc) - but the ankh won't resurrect me. I even used a GM potion to try and resurrect myself, and that won't work..
    No network messages yet tho.. maybe because I was fooling around in Offline mode yesterday?

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  7. Echondas

Thanks, Alley Oop let me know @Chris is aware already.

I tried to repro by playing offline mode, then quitting - then reloading, playing online, and dying.. but that didn't do it.

Not sure if it's relevant but I was playing an instrument (or trying to) using sheet music right as I died.. I just tried and that didn't reproduce it either.

Weird!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  8. Lurghoif Highlander

Lurghoif Highlander Avatar

just had same issues of Echondas, died by wyverns in wells of aldur, can get hit by mob, talk in chat, was able to unequip my gear ( so i did it for prevent gear to explode after auto resurrecting while i was waiting time to expire ) resurrection time went in to negative so i try with recall scroll and that works, recalled me at my bound location and resurrect me ( debuff for dead and penality on stats went on once i pop resurrected at my bound location )
    PS: not sure if i was stunned by wyvern when i died

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Echondas, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  9. SaveDaGrill

SaveDaGrill Avatar

Title: "I'm but I live forever" Bug experienced in Release 88.
    1. Reproducible? I don't know and I don't want to experience this again.
    2. Blocker? Yes blocker I cannot play the game properly, I can loot and trade successfully in ghost form.
    3. Details: This is a bug covering an event where I was alive beyond the grave. Upon dying I am not able to resurrect even past the timer limit. I can attack, loot, and be attacked but I cannot die again. "What is dead may never die".
    4. Steps to reproduce: Kill torc'daw. Go fishing on his island. While fishing let him spawn and then stun you first with a stomp and then clap you with his hands resulting in a two hit knock out. After his first hit you will be putting your fishing poll away and you will die by the time the animation finishes. Second clap. After that you go to an ankh and try to res. Possible to replicate but I have not tried.
    5. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    16gb ram, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070 Eagle, Windows 10 64 bit.

Original Exposure:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyBoxyCourgetteNerfRedBlaster-sGP3EqF1KuBFST6y

Bug Report clips in order:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousProductiveDragonKappaPride-p9ldGW5YJPY62G5L
    https://clips.twitch.tv/InexpensiveCrackyGarlicCmonBruh-klpF0sUcLUkbRAyA
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailSplendidBeeNotLikeThis-3m-Al7Bpl6YxXPA-
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyExpensiveStapleOpieOP-vbp-4sASxvSCzrVD
    https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulMoldySalsifyFreakinStinkin-PBCxvQxsQZ5wI8lZ
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliqueMildAdminNerfRedBlaster-_Ovvss55tYAQWqTb
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryVibrantShieldAMPEnergyCherry-c7J-IXoGLcYcsyuE
    https://clips.twitch.tv/BlitheCrazyDogHumbleLife-Q2sqoP5IxYKJCi03

Replication Proof:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusRespectfulShrimpTheRinger-tdxEHvTSUF6RwwkK

Teleport or exiting the map resurrects you:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyImpossibleFlamingoBCouch-hvTq8CNWyRSEx-Ec

I will also make a youtube video will all of my findings, And Its Done!!

Please get to this eventually :D
    Savedagrill

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    DavidDC likes this.
  10. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

If this has been posted before, I could not find the thread.

When a player dies, it has the ability to resurrect as an invulnerable ghost. To the players, they look like a ghost. However, they have the ability to do some minimal attack skills on other mobs and players and the players have no option but to run away...because the player as a ghost is invulnerable. He cannot be damaged. One player managed to take down the clockwork dragon in Blood Bay while in this form.

This problem needs to be fixed immediately because it affects PVP. We had one player in Brave Coast killing people while in this form. The only way to fix this is for the player to zone out. However, in a non POT town, we have no control to make the person zone out. Therefore, he could have spent the whole time killing people without concern for any recourse. The most we could do was disqualify him from the fishing contest.

This is not the same res bug as not being able to move from a spot once resed. This bug allows the person to wreak havoc on others with no concern for recourse. They are invulnerable.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you know how a player can get into this state?

12. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

It happened to me in Brave Coast. I was unaware that I had res ghosted and couldn't figure out why the ankh wasn't resing me until Coswald told me I had to zone out. Grill did say he knew how to make it happen.

Anpu likes this.
  13. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

@Ravalox

I've never posted about this because it's never happened to me however it happens to someone usually at least once each PvP Fishing contest.
    This bug was still active as of this past weekend and was abused to kill players.

14. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 69521

Anpu likes this.
  15. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Im curious to see if this still happen?

16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1431

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.