Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Grannus Colossus spawn rate?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Baoman, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baoman

Baoman Avatar

Im not sure if it's just me but the spawn rate and aggro distance in grannus colossus is unreal. I can hardly kill one set of mobs before getting completely swarmed

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Just took a peak at that scene. It looks like no one's touched the spawning for Grannus in many months.

Is there a specific location where you feel something is different? Coordinates may help us look into things. Also, are you seeing similar issues in other scenes?

3. Baoman

Baoman Avatar

The portion in the center where you first kill the higher level mage before a dark magic locked gate.....just waves and waves of respawning barbarians. I basically pulled a futurama (sent wave after wave of my own respawning toon) until I whittled them down far enough to get past the locked magic gate.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh, that’s exactly how that area works. There’s waves to fight in there.

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

For those who haven't been to Grannus Colossus before, it's a test of courage and combat prowess. There are several large areas where you have to fight waves of challenging enemies. Only after you defeat all the waves are you allowed to proceed. @Baoman, I think you may be experiencing the correct wave battle situation in Grannus.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Just tried the area as I was curious, remembered it when I saw it again. Was fun once again and the wave fights in the two villages (one before and one after the beach scene) is a decent challenge. The second village, where the magic gates seal you in, is great fun. The first time today the very last wave took me by surprise and I got toasted. I was pleased to see however that when i revived and re-entered, the game was kind enough to remember my progress and threw the last wave at me rather than starting all over again. This time I was ready :)

.... Now if only there was a chest here that could only be unlocked with the key from the high level mage that spawns in the last wave. That would be the cherry on the cake in a great combat scene IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.