How to help with Localization!

Discussion in 'Localization Archives' started by FireLotus, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Ciao Avatars!

Thank you for your patience as we settled into Localization. We wanted to “test drive” the process, so to speak, work out any potential issues, and develop a “best practices guideline for our translators to follow. And now that several Localization Leaders and a handful of volunteer “guinea pigs” have gotten familiar with our localization process, we are ready to open the process up to other interested backers.

We are eager get SOTA translated and would love to hear from you if you are able to help. Please visit our SotA GetLocalization Project Page to sign up as a volunteer translator. We look forward to hearing from you!

Most of the Localization Leaders have started threads in this sub-forum if you would like to introduce yourselves or ask questions. And if you're not sure about how GetLocalization works (or how user-friendly is it), this Getting Started Guide is an excellent resource and a solid place to begin.

And once you are signed up, you will need to know what the "Best Practices" for assisting with localization are. So be sure to get familiar with our SotA Localization Guide before you dive in.

Again, thanks for helping us make Shroud of the Avatar a more diverse and inclusive place to adventure!

Acred, Skizz, Maziran and 9 others like this.
  2. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

That's great!

I do have a question or two, if I am allowed...
    Which additional languages are being considered for the future?
    More importantly, will it be possible to do "unofficial" translations? ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Acred likes this.
  3. homer3840

homer3840 Avatar

it would be nice if they had text to speech in chat or if they are going to add it later it you'll be a real good thing for a guy like me they can't read that well.
    what are the option to copy and paste some of that so I can put it in the program to read it to me.
    I don't see the quick integrate Windows text to speech or tied into a program similar to speakit for Google for Chrome
    I use Google Speech to Text to spell this properly

Acred likes this.
  4. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

I tried to join the localization via this project page - but after registering the service tells me: "Es tut uns leid, dass das Projekt SOTA nicht vorhanden ist." - that translates to "Sorry that the project SOTA is not existent".

I would like to help translate into german language - Is the project already done?

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.