Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Cursor appearing when windows are opened or closed.

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Barugon, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

12/25/2017 3:19 PM
    Title: Cursor appearing when windows are opened or closed.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: The cursor appearing when windows are opened or closed is still a very frustrating issue. It's exacerbated by windows fading in and fading out. I would really appreciate if this would get fixed but, in the meantime, can you please add an option to turn off windows fading in and out (so that they are instantly opened and closed)?
    Steps to Reproduce: I believe that this is a well known issue.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32164
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_2Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Stone 2-Story Basement
    Loc: (11.2, 5.0, 8.1)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlXzJGbG9vcnx8KDExLjIwNywgNS4wMTEsIDguMDU5KXwoMCwgMC44NDksIDAsIDAuNTI4KXwxMTUuOTQ2MXwxNy4yNDMzOXw1LjQ2ODA4Ng==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm not sure from your description that i know what the issue is. either it's something not universal to linux systems or it's something i don't mind/have gotten used to/never noticed in the first place.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Barugon
    I am trying to fully grasp this issue as well. Can you break down one repro case step by step, if possible (mentioning the type window and the behavior you observe)
    I'm trying to connect the cursor with windows fading in and out and how they are related. Perhaps this is something I need to see if anyone has video by chance?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The issue is very old. On Linux, if you're using mouse-look, the cursor will reappear any time a window opens or closes, basically causing havoc with mouse-look. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that windows fade out when you close them. Example: I kill a mob, double click to loot, press the take-all hotkey, press and hold the right mouse button for mouse-look then start moving only to have the cursor reappear because the loot window finished fading out and finally closed.

I'll try to make a video later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.