Is there a salvation-army type organization in SotA?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Zapatos80, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

As a crafter I end up with a looooot of +1 to +3 gear that's a great upgrade for new/mid level players but too much of a hassle to sell. However, getting it into the hands of those player is hard. Is there anyone taking donations and then distributing them to new players to help them get started? Just wondering.

2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Zapatos80,

The Outlander Welcome Center just outside Soltown was created to help newer players get a strong start with information, resources and basic supplies. There is a community chest in the middle of town that has starter +armor, +weapons, food, resources, arrows (given away in stacks of 500 and the hottest item by far), deco items and occasionally, a gold COTO. These items are free for the taking and are generally of lower value to discourage wholesale looting for resale. However, I routinely check the log of this chest so if anyone abuses (i.e. cleaning out ALL the items more than once) the chest, they can be banned. I also usually place a few like objects at a time to discourage looting. However, I think it is a risk worth taking to help newer players and nobody has abused the privilege yet. @Rosemourne has already provided a considerable amount of +3 plate items for the chest.

There is a deposit-only chest at the Welcome table as you enter town where you can drop any donations OR you can go to the town center and drop them in the Community Chest yourself, or a combo of both.

On behalf of newer players, I thank you and hope to meet you in-game sometime.

Cheers,
    Johnkirk Bayard

P.S. @Spoon I would be happy to post an info page about your Welcome Lot in the OWC. Just drop your page in the OWC deposit box or let me know when we're in-game and I'll come over to see your lot and get the page. Cheers, JkB

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

This is a great idea. I will bring down some of my less distinguished efforts next time I make an Ardoris run.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Inside Soltown we run the Welcome Outlander lot. From the center it is behind the Town Crier.
    Me and other Hospitalers use that as a base to hand out things to new arrivals. Since it is closer than the POT outside.
    It also sports the Cheap Vendor where new arrivals can find cheap (<99g) deal gear, potions and such.

In front of the house is a Post Box with public deposit.

There is also a Public Chest on the lot. But that one gets cleaned out quite often so don't dump too many items there.

So feel free to put it in either, it all ends up going to newcomers eventually.

Absolutely.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Boris Mondragon and Stundorn like this.
  5. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Great! Exactly what I was looking for :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.