Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need info] Can't join party in encounter because it's hovering above the map

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Social, & Guilds' started by Dartan Obscuro, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

1. Title: Can't join party in encounter because it's hovering above the map
    2. Reproduction Rate: Quite a bit
    3. Blocker? N
    4. Details: Couldn't join party in an encounter because it was floating way above Novia.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Join a party. On Novia, have someone go into an encounter. See where the marker shows up.
    6. User Specs:
    (In image the marker is above the players at the bottom not off in the distance)
    [​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Had the same problem with a siege.

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

This is definitely not a new bug but we weren't sure it had been reported before.

I think it happens most for encounters on or near the hill near Upper Tears, or for the twin troll encounter in the mountain pass so it may be terrain related.

4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Sounds like there is a specific location that is having trouble. More information needed on a repro.

5. golruul

golruul Avatar

I, and my other party member, have had this problem with encounters (not sieges though). I'd say it happens 20% of the time if I had to throw out a number.

6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

This happened 3 times in a row yesterday. One barbarian first and then two skeletons to reproduce the problem. All 3 encounters were on the path near Upper Tears. I believe two of the times were on the hill there and one time was east of the hill. There were 3 of us in the party yesterday and when one party member was caught by an encounter both of the remaining party members saw the shield high up in the air and could not click on it to join the encounter. This has also happened for us before several times in the past with just two of us in a party around the same region of the map and also in the mountain pass where the twin troll encounter is. I don't know if it happens in other areas or not since we don't usually group for encounters - we just wanted to know if the group was strong enough to help me try to tame a wyvern.

The problem does not happen for every encounter but once it happens it tends to keep happening. We don't try to group for encounters very often so its hard to say how reproducible it is, maybe 25%. We can try to get better coordinates next time it happens but it isn't one exact spot it is along the path in that area. And it is not a newly introduced bug, it has been around for several releases we had just assumed it was a known bug.

7. Worfgar

Worfgar Avatar

I also have had this issue for the past year. The current work around is to quickly log out and back in and it will no longer hover and instead will be on the ground as desired.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Where this happened to me was the Kiln siege.

9. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the input. We're not able to reproduce this internally. If anyone can reliably reproduce this issue, please repost for repro steps.

10. NamelessOne

NamelessOne Avatar

I've seen this happen near the twin trolls encounter. Logging out and back in usually helps. Logging into and out of another zone can also help. Sometimes it will be high for one member of the group but not another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.