Release 89

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yp9i

yp9i Avatar

This kind of thing will lead to an increase in the use of twinks to increase dps. As I observe, groups gather only for experience. The drop for the group is too poor. If you want group content, just do more of the Lich Room lift-up puzzles. By belittling the player, you simply kill the pleasure of the game.

2. yp9i

yp9i Avatar

And we really want many dead skills to work. for example the charm of animals in the moon branch. or distraction.

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

After playing for a while this is my 2c worth.
    The new night vision - love it. Great improvement guys!
    The air shield buff - not so thrilled. I know you’re trying to balance, but it feels tough.
    The torpid torment - wow. That’s mean. I can get through the mage room in the Rise with ice shield + evasion.
    Whichever way I go, still drinking lots of potions.
    The experience reminds me of a passage in a Frederick Forsyth book (fiction, but so well researched a lot could be accurate). It describes a British SAS troop on a “training run” - ten mile forced march through the mountains with full pack. The rendezvous was an army truck. Just as they approached the truck, an officer sitting on the tailboard smacked his hand on the truck’s side, it started up and drove off. FOR ANOTHER FIVE MILES.....
    I guess that like the SAS, those stubborn enough not to rage quit or drop out will end up being resilient as hell. Hoping so anyway

FBohler likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I believe the gear balance pass will be our (high level players) last 5 miles.
    They promised that crafted gear and artifacts will meet somewhere in the middle, which means any optimized build will be effectively weaker after the balance. This is not without a huge upside though, as lower level players will likely get better cratfed gear in comparison to their current low cost options.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Even though I'm not thrilled with the changes...if this gets more people playing the game I'm all for it. I can live with struggling mightily if somehow it means we increase the player base. Sounds like everyone is having a rough go versus what they were doing before. Even though i got hit really hard "pure air mage" I can live with the pain if more people play the game. At the end of the day, I want more people so the game can grow. If these changes are what that means...then so be it. I'm scratching my head a bit on how one equals the other...but I'm willing to wait and see.

FBohler and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Having mobs remove Shield of Air got me to leave the game.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  7. necronut

necronut Avatar

Welcome back.

Sara Dreygon, Virsago2099 and Vesper like this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think you're the only one here who thinks random dispelling player buffs isn't fun. I'm sure a lot of new players will have lots of fun with this great feature :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.