Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

RNG shopping. No thanks.

Discussion in 'Release 65 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I found the Peasant Clothing Merchant.
    I was wandering in the Yew area and ran across a bandit encounter. I stayed on the road so it would probably be a plains road encounter. It turned out to be a bandit plains road encounter.
    If you buy one of each it is 5200 gold.
    To find them in your backpack search for peasant or barmaid.
    05/22/2019 08:03
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.979.Date.05.21.19
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-100.7, 21.0, 270.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMTAwLjY4NiwgMjAuOTYyLCAyNzAuNSl8KDAuMDAyLCAtMC44NDYsIC0wLjAwOCwgLTAuNTMzKXwxMTUuNTkxOHw0NXw0MA==

[​IMG]

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Just echoing Vlad's sentiments on this really.
    I was really excited to find this merchant. I went and cleared no less than 20 encounters, in which I got the statue guy twice, the bounty hunter/survey guy/pilgrim quest guys multiple times each, and the dress merchant I have yet to see to date. A guildmate who managed to get it a few days later thankfully bought me all the outfits.

This functionality is another example of overreliance on RNG behavior the only result of which is creating a poor experience for the player by adding obstacles to the nice cash sink you've just added. This seems counter to purpose.

Imagine if a player wanted to buy something on the addon store, they'd have to open it 30 times and hope that the item they wants appears. I think we can all agree that'd be stupid. Especialy if each time you had to wait on two load screens and clear an entire instance of an encounter which often requires waiting on second wave mobs to spawn at all.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The non-road ones have a higher chance of getting the peasant merchant. Like the ones you see that are on grasslands etc.

Amariithynar likes this.
  4. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

It's meant to be a potential reward for clearing the great threat of an overland encounter, not something you sit there and farm incessantly to get once and then complain about showing up every single time thereafter. To use your example, it's closer to the addon store's vault edition items turning out to be something you want to buy, versus things you don't want to, or already have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.