Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

shield of crystal bug

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Brink1123, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

When i use shield of crystal my health is capped at like 600 but i can only heal up to like 400. is this a know bug? does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: maybe its shield of earth that is causing it not sure

Beaumaris, Dhanas and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What he said..... :rolleyes:
    It's an ongoing bug (IE months) that, for whatever reason - they can't seem to fix. :confused:
    So, join the club ! ;)
    Oh, and add your 2 cents to one of the many reported bugs on this issue.

Bigg and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Only way to "fix" it temporarily is to leave the scene, and then go back in. Any scene load resets this awful bug. I have seen the bug many many times.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, @Nikko but who the heck wants to be constantly watching loading screens, not to mention all the people doing guild/group fights where that would/could really screw things up.
    Leaving the scene does set it back to working, but only till it hits again........
    They wrote the code, had the problem, fixed it once and then broke it again.
    Who's tracking this stuff ?

6. golruul

golruul Avatar

This is why I don't use shield of crystal, strength of earth, or inner strength anymore. Shame.

They need to provide a workaround skill that we can put on our passive bar that recalculates HP properly.

Or fix it.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's not that we don't want to fix it, in fact we hope to for the next release.
    It is a matter of getting the problem solving side of it sorted away. It is not easily repro'd when we want it to be :) In fact we've fixed several variations of this in the past, but not all of them have gone away. Someone noted that it went away once. A few variations did, but I do not think it fully went away. Timing, very specific gameplay behavior seems to be the special sauce we have not been able to nail down.

I'd like to know if anyone is getting errors when this happens. To capture it, you must already have /debug running when it begins to occur (Type /debug to turn it off). Checking /debug after it happens will probably not show an error.

*If* it triggers an error there will be a number(s) next to the Red "Error" icon on the debug task bar.
    Click the red tab on the right side of the debug bar and filter everything out (check boxes) except that error. Click on the first error and scroll down until you see the 'copy text' button. It will autopaste it into a .txt file.

This is assuming it will trigger an error. I have a sneaky suspicion that it does.

The above bug logging method will ding your FPS some. I only recommend using it if you think it might happen, and if you are already frustrated by seeing this bug. It may be the means to an end to it.

If it is the error message I think it is, we may already have a bug open for this regarding locked health. Complex bugs are the ones that annoy us the most.
    I wish it was just a matter of using strength and strength buffs, but I cannot trigger it that way myself.

FrostII, Rentier and calkano (PAX) like this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If there are mtlitple issues casuing this, I just want to say that the health not recovering issue isn't related to the shields. It's been seen when using a practise dummy, not seen by me but reported to a post by me. But I have seen this issue with a brand new character that was only about L20 and wasn't using any fancy buffs and what not. Not devotional buffs, no food, just using melee skills fighting stuff.

Lexie likes this.
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Relating to the OP: Health capping for Shield of Crystal definitely remains an issue.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I see this all the time in deep Ravenswood, I have noticed that sometimes I am 200 health less than the maximum. I will run with debug on looking for errors in the process.

Waldo Ptolomy

Lexie and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.