Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Toggling combat mode [z] key by default

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by zziggy5000, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zziggy5000

zziggy5000 Avatar

Reproduction Rate: 50%
    Details: when toggling to combat mode after the animation of sheathing my weapons is finished the combat bar stays visible(up to a 3 count) and in some cases after it fades out using a hot key pops me instantly back into combat mode, combat bar reappears and combat skill cast. The place that this is happening is in town when I pull "water plants" or "harvest plants" to my hot bard to use. I am stuck for a few more seconds waiting to be able to use the skill. This is in a non-pvp town.

Steps to Reproduce:

Walk to you home, enter it, go up to the roof.

[k] open the skills tree, drag "water plant" to you out of combat #10 hotkey replacing "night vision"

Press [esc] to close skill window

press [z] to toggle out of combat

press [#10 hotkey]
    at this point I am getting set back to combat mode and using "shield of ice"(or what ever skill I have on the #10 combat bar slot) being set back into combat mode and having to use [z] again to drop combat mode so I can water my plants.

getting frustrated(this step could be omitted but this whole situation is frustrating enough to write a bug report about)

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@zziggy5000, using z sheaths your weapon. that is the START of going out of combat. how long it actually takes is dependent on what's going on with and around you, and doing anything combat related while it's in process (whether your action or an enemy's) will cancel it and force you to re-draw your weapon.

i don't know exactly how the time requirement is calculated, though, and if it's actually a different amount of time when you have watering on your bar that might be a bug.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Has the combat bar disappeared before you press the hotkey? I have noticed when trying to unlock chests with a key it takes a few seconds AFTER the combat bar toggles away before the cursor I have waiting over the lock turns green. Perhaps you are using the hotkey a second or two early?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.