1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Turn 4 non exceptional items into 1 exceptional item

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elrond, Sep 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Saw this idea thought i post it here ... hope devs consider it .

Would be great if we could combine 4 non exceptional items with same components into 1 exceptional item.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I like it.

Sara Dreygon and Elrond like this.
  3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I love this idea!

Sara Dreygon and Elrond like this.
  4. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

Fantastic idea.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

6. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I like the idea, in fact have put it in other posts. But 4 seems a bit low. if it is 4 seems hardly worthwhile levelling the base production skills. Getting from 1 in 5 (for low level) to 1 in 3 (high level) would seem pointless if you can get 1 in 4 for doing nothing.

I would suggest it should be 6 at least.

Regards
    Spung

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Base production skills are not worth leveling anyway ..after 120 ..... as for being low consider combining 4 bronze plate chest... or 4 obsidian chest plate to get 1 exceptional ....certainly makes me think twice if id do it.

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If they did it at all I think they'd have to stick with 4 as it's in line with artifacts. Less confusion that way.

Witcheypoo and Sara Dreygon like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I expect to do this would be more complicated than people think. For instance, all items would have to be made from the same materials for each component. It's still doable and I think they should.

Jaesun and Spungwa like this.
  10. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This is very true, it would involve making a whole new mechanism to the crafting system.
    Currently the crafting system is not designed to care about what materials a item is made off, it works the other way with generic components, but not specific. But to make this work it needs to check that the items are identical material components, else the whole thing breaks down.

It may be possible to use the same mechanism that fish trophies use. The system must know what material components an item is made of, as the ctrl hover tells you, and when they update the stats of a material component it is retrospective. I assume that is why they had to create a new material for the old cotton.

Regards
    Spung

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The bigger problem is that it is only meant to appear that way. It may be to a certain extent but that's not really how it works. (Though that the was original idea) There is a unique recipe for everything. They would end up having to make a new recipe for every combination of every type of weapon.

In theory all they should have to do.. if it were set up as the original idea was intended.. is first check the items are eligible (ie it's a weapon or armor).. and there are 4 identical base items.. plus recipe components (ie 100 coal etc).. take away the old items and spit out an identical base item that's exceptional. It shouldn't be difficult.. IF the code supported generic recipes. Back in the day however Richard seemed to think that approach to recipes would balloon out of control though to be fair I'm not sure he understood my question in the first place. But the response I got was basically unique recipes for everything.. Though if I'm wrong I would love to be corrected by a dev (*cough* @Bzus *cough*)

12. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

so for less less confusion just get rid of exceptional, and do like artifacts common uncommon rare ans legendary..
    (and add a color for rarity plz)

13. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

+1

Gives non-exceptionals a purpose.

14. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

Four seems like an appropriate number for balance and economy. That is a lot of material that is getting merged just to get the extra little bit of durability.

Alternate idea that might be a ton easier to implement would be an Alchemy recipe that took a crafted item plus some punishing amount of material and it just added the exceptional bonus. This might be easier for the devs to implement but is much harder to balance because it does not have the four to 1 reduction in items. Balance would have to be controlled by the amount of material required.

15. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Every way to have more durability would be fine, because of the loss of Durability by Masterwork and Enchantment :)

I asked about in the past to raise exceptional crafted items and Chris told, they won't have too many of them ...

To transfer 4 "useless" into 1 "useful" item (referring to Enchantment and Masterwork) would raise those items, too.
    Especially it would be another waste of material :(
    I really would appreciate, if item stats and especially durability would depend more on GM stat.

Currently I have no idea, what's the desirable difference between 100 and 105 or 110 GM.
    [besides the +5/+10 and alot of XP ;)].

It would be nice to have a higher Durability until about +50% exceptional with 150 GM.
    Example:
    90 = 10% Base exceptional chance
    100 = 20%
    Every +1 GM from 100 to 110 could provide +1% exceptional bonus
    So
    101 GM = 21%
    110 GM = 30%
    From here + 0,5% exceptional bonus to max 50%
    120 GM = 35%
    130 GM = 40%
    140 GM = 45%
    150 GM = 50% max. effect on exceptional

Would be a fair chance to craft an exceptional item and a good reason to raise GM beyond 100 ...

Anyway: every change to provide higher durability is good :)

Elrond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.