(UPDATED R63) PSA: Loot (soft) cap added in R62 (confirmed by Chris)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If you knew how many people want to try pvp but do not because of the ransoms, you would understand the zero ransom change. Many people who never pvped before went to OT when it first came out. The problem they ran into though was teams. Something wrong with a free for all when 2 guys are running side by side chasing one guy.

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I carry a lot of things on me lol, I don't PVP for two reasons.

1. I carry items of extreme value and really dont want to have to drop off all my other gear sets, and sort through my inventory knowing that I may loose this stuff.
    2. Why would I want to go PVP knowing that there are people who spend 99% of the game in UT to power level up who I know would kill me pretty fast especially in groups. I'm happy to test and chat with those folks about builds and let them show me how fast they can kill me or how I can't even scratch them. Let them go fight others like them. That would be like taking a level 1 and putting it in with level 120's where is the fun for the level 1 hehe

from the other side as a non pvper this is what I hear

1. I want to show you I'm god...
    2. Give me all your loot sucker...

hehe.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Loot cap: Yes,... that's fantastic. Lets limit crappy loot. *sigh*

PvP: Ya know... its like no MMO has EVER made any kind of successful PvP system, and SotA has to build it from the ground up...

Just saying.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. bugmaster77

bugmaster77 Avatar

Did any of you pay attention to my post in this thread? Devs? Players?

5 players in a group, taking turns looting the daemon in Solania catacombs, triggered this cap. Each of us made less than 2500gp during this run, with loot set to Free-For-all the entire time (roughly 3 hours total time). I personally looted just three daemons and was subject to this cap.

And to add insult to injury, the Trident that DID drop for me is basically useless Deco crap after you guys nerfed it into a Wall-Hanger. At least it actually dropped.

I call BS on this, and Chris's statements regarding this issue--It is either broken, or draconian in nature. Either way, if it continues, I'll be leaving SotA. As is, I have very little reason to engage in combat now.

Seriously, you guys can't see the forest through the trees. You're so caught up in trying to make money from the store you have no time left to play the game and see how your pronouncements are ruining the game.

Rather than taking umbrage with the comments you see here in the forums (I know, we're just a bunch of whining assholes), try taking them as constructive criticism. And on that note...my LAST bit of advice to fix all of this. This can be done anywhere you have group content being farmed by soloists.

Add a chance for a SERIOUS boss to spawn during ANY round in Upper Tears--Make SURE this boss CANNOT be solo'ed, but CAN be taken down by a FULL group. AND, if it does spawn, make SURE the boss drops something worthwhile for that group to stay and fight it rather than simply leave. If it is indeed your goal to stop farmers without penalizing "normal" players, this would do that. See? There you go--Constructive Criticism. Take it or leave it.

Sincerely,
    Cozy Firesong

Feeyo, Rinaldi, Katu and 1 other person like this.
  5. golruul

golruul Avatar

For another point of data, I was solo farming the Solania Catacombs daemon for well over an hour yesterday and didn't hit any cap. My procedure was kill him, go back down the stairs, afk 15 minutes or so, then do the cycle again. I didn't leave the scene or anything.

6. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

This is actually unrelated to amount looted but another limitation placed recently. I noticed this too today that if you switch instances too many times you'll get empty corpses even from bosses. Not yet sure of the limits. Iv been able to replicate this consistently but have not tested what the limits might be. This is obviously to stop us from using multiple instances to work around spawn timers.

*edit* Have not done extensive testing or reported this so ofc this might be a bug or something but given all the context, I doubt it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Feeyo likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What is concerning is what if this isn’t working correctly? Or could even be bugged? Do they have a way to 100% confirm this is working correctly?

Feeyo and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

***UPDATE***

This cap appears to have been adjusted with the latest R63 patches. And adjusted to be a lot worse for the efficient but legit player. I have not yet had the time to replicate this more than a few times. Therefore I don't have a full hypothesis for all the details of how it currently works. Here's what I know so far:

-The cap hits you faster. This happens to me often after just ~15 minutes or so of play, before I'v made even 15k gold on fresh play session. The limits may be reached even quicker, I haven't been able to do a lot of testing yet.
    -The cap doesn't remove (only) entire stacks and items but rather removes them and reduces stack sizes, at least for gold. I'm seeing 1-3 gold from tier 10 mobs.

If you're seeing this as well, please share your findings here and/or on the related bug report here. Please share as much details as possible: of what you were doing, was it a fresh play session, if you know the gold value generated and in what time etc.

PS. Since the thread is fairly long by now, updating this info to the OP as well.

***UPDATE Mar 8th***

Yday's patch with no patch notes appear to have reverted back to the R62 implementation or at least something close to it. In other words the changes in R63 making this worse, were reverted but the cap does exist still.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.