XP Planner

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rosemourne, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Good evening everyone,

I have finished the first tiny bit of my XP Planner and have unlocked it for use. Many will recognize it as being similar to the mod I did of Sir Leonard's sheet. I've stopped updating that sheet and have been working on this one. It's identical for the most part, save for some extra features.

In addition to calculating needed XP this sheet will:
    • Calculate attunement based on masteries
    • Calculate maximum required gold / silver ingots to level enchanting and masterworking skills (This assumes max draw XP and no apprentice buff / obsidian potion)
    • Calculate changes in player stats from innate skills
    I have additional things planned for this sheet and mostly had them completed. That is until Chris decided to add specializations, then work on balance, thus messing up all the formulas. Dang it, Chris! How dare you balance?!

Without further ado:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dsJ-1E3o9JnvfSic_R46vs-roehcA1JthN85Xa25iE8/edit?usp=sharing

As always, you're my beta testers, so find bugs and let me know about them!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Leylu420, Rinaldi, Saesa and 36 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Checking it out now, looks cray cray!

Daigoji Gai and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Dayum! That thing is nice for what I hear was the very first spreadsheet you've ever made! Sharp! <-- sarcasm - he makes a ton of them :D

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Ataniiq likes this.
  5. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Others might not get your brand of sarcasm.

Rinaldi, Mishra, Feeyo and 1 other person like this.
  6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Thanks for this! Been hoping someone would update the old sheet with new information, especially post-launch.

If I may: Could you keep this thread updated if you make changes? Kudos!

Sara Dreygon and Rosemourne like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Awesome stuff dude, good stuff!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

[​IMG]

Added.

Rinaldi, Sara Dreygon and Tazar like this.
  10. dsheldon

dsheldon Avatar

Thanks, this is very useful.

For "max draw XP" for Enchanting and Masterworking what is the min experience pool needed / other conditions required for max draw.

Also, for tailoring masterwork there is a bug with Leather Masterwork ingot count, it is using the numbers for the tailoring masterwork (the row above).

11. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

That is something I can add. It's generally thought as 6 mil for GM, but it's a bit more dynamic than that. XP draw is 0.1% of your pool, with a set max draw designed for a minimum use per level. I've got some working formulas for the EXP needed for max draw that I'll add in the next update of my sheet.

The hazards of copy / paste. It should be fixed now.

Rinaldi, makraiz and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Rosemourne

Further checking... Looks like the "Specializations" chosen at the top opens up the row in the skill section for data input and for displaying xp needed to gain the specialization, but the specialization total is not included in the "Skill Total" which throws off the XP to reach goal at the top.

For example - Pick Fire and moon for specialization then input 1-100 skill gain desired. Note that adding this does not count towards the skill total.

It looks like the armor weapons add correctly along with Taming and Focus. The Magic Skills plus Tactics and Subterfuge are the ones that do not add in the specializations.

Edit: Looks like it's not just the Total by skill Column L - but Columns E, F, G, H, I, J and K also do not Total correctly by skill tree due to not adding in the specialization total for Magic Skills, Tactics and Subterfuge.

Love the sheet. I've been working with it a lot plotting out potentials on characters. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Please take a look at the formula in cell L311 also. I *think* this cell should sum the total of Tactics, Subterfuge, Taming and Focus. Instead it adds (Shield of Air + Blue Blooded + Moon Beams + Chaotic Clone + Armor Preservation + Tactics Total + Sap + Taming Total + Focus Total). If I am correct, you can replace the L311 cell contents with >>> =SUM(L266, L284, L297, L310)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

See, this is why I have trust issues. I clearly didn't type it up like that. You raise a sheet to be loving, kind, and accurate. It works hard and loves like it should. Then you add a row and it all goes to poop.

Also, you edited the wrong post. HA! You're human, too! Seriously, though, that confused me for say too long, haha.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Rinaldi and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

eh - there was a content edit in the one I edited to tag you on - plus the new post.

Sorry to bring up so many issues - but you did say you wanted us to beta test it... and I am Bug Brigade. :p

16. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I prefer it! Google has tons of stupid little bugs like that which I miss.

Rinaldi likes this.
  17. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I can no longer change the numbers or use the drop downs for the specializations, did I mess something up?

18. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Try clearing your cache? I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

Rinaldi likes this.
  19. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Hmmm... OK - Looks like you did miss the content changes in post #12 above as I was confusing. I'll detail here for better clarity (feel free to reach out if there are any questions later).

Sun Tree
    Cell L122 should be =SUM(L111:L121) so it includes the Specialization in the total

Fire Tree
    Cell E136 to I136 currently totals rows 125 to 134 but should include row 135 to include the Specialization.

Earth Tree
    Cell E151 to I151 currently totals rows 140 to 149 but should include row 150 to include the Specialization.

Chaos Tree
    Cell E243 to I243 currently totals rows 231 to 241 but should include row 242 to include the Specialization.

Tactics Tree
    Cell E267 to I267 currently totals rows 252 to 265 but should include row 266 to include the Specialization. Same for the Cell L267

Subterfuge Tree
    Cell E286 to I286 currently totals rows 269 to 284 but should include row 285 to include the Specialization. Same for the Cell L286

I *think* all of the rest of the sum/totals on the adventuring page are correct.

20. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I saw them, but it is a pain in the arse to change them on my phone since you can't propagate. I was just waiting to get home, change the cell, then copy and paste. I'm lazy. I really DO appreciate the help, though.

EDIT: The reason this crap happens is because google doesn't always change existing formulas when you add columns or rows, so the calculations didn't change to add the specifications when I threw those in. Normally you need to have a $ to indicate you don't want the formula to change, but google sometimes forgets

Rinaldi and Tazar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.