1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Ability to hide a lot from the town crier, or at least hide the owner

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tahru, Aug 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Can we please have the option to hide lots from the town crier? I don't think hiding the owner will be enough despite the title.

In a POT, there are many of lots that are supposed to be just part of scenery or the story, not home or businesses. Having them in the crier takes away from that anonymity, make some user-quests too easy, and in can break immersion. Since the POT's are so restricted in terms of place-able items, lots are required to just to fill out a scene.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

YES!
    [​IMG] New Exclusive Deco POT Lots Needed... (remember all those dirty rolling pins? They couldn't be placed in the POT, they all required a lot).
    I also want to see a completely new type of POT lot being sold that costs less than normal POT lots, can't place a basement, can't place a house, but can place lots and lots of coto micro transaction POT deco.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    vulcanjedi and Tahru like this.
  3. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

YES this!
    One of my quest ideas for a POT treasure hunt would only work if you couldn't have the crier mark the location.
    vj

Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Actually I would love the ability to rate lots umm I mean homes and deco like you could in everquest 2 for deco contests and feedback to players hard work and creativity.

Edited

Vaiden Luro and Time Lord like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

just to update this since we discussed it on discord:
    the option currently controls whether the owner is shown on the WEB map (if the lot exists on the web map).

Cordelayne, Anpu, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Correct. I just re-worded to OP to reflect this discrepancy.

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I remember posting something ~ 3/4 years ago when Ultima Online upgraded their Criers with some cool functionality. Ideas like above would be cool not to mention maybe an item you could use to set a marker for a crier to know about so you can use him to get people to find an event marker away from any lots.

Would just be cool to see a criers developed, TBH

Cordelayne, Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I also think that a deco only lot with no owner listed would be a good thing.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

In Broken Ground, I have 14 lots under my avatar's name, and only 14% should be in the town crier, with 78% that should NOT be in the town crier. Given the choice, I would list only 2 of 14 lots. So I think this is a significant issue.

• 1 - My avatar's home, town crier list is good!
    • 1 - My avatar's farm, town crier list is not providing value because this is a personal lot, but ok.
    • 4 - single public crafting area (nav by signpost intended), town crier misrepresenting multiple areas.
    • 1 - My avatar's business, town crier list is good!
    • 1 - public locations (amphitheater) , town crier list is good, but not needed as sign nav is fine!
    • 4 - quest/story locations, town crier list is not providing value, and in some cases working against the objective.
    • 2 - deco lots, town crier list is not providing value, and defeating the objective

As a side note, this also shows that non-POT owners would also benefit from the control on a lot level, because players may have targeted-purpose lots, like farms, quests and conservationists centric they that don't want listed either.

It's a strange irony, because I remember the time before town criers and compass markers. It was really hard to find anything. There were tons of complaints. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.