(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So gone through 2 zones now, the highest crit I got was @ 560.

The worse thing though is that for some reason a lot of my crits with charge shot are in the 50-60 range... less than the base damage of my bow... wtf???

Chatele likes this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

In my last battle, my crits were:

85, 58, 54, 52, 31, 60. :)

This is against Tikaios who must put some sort of buff on I guess. But they weren't that low last patch. So it has a further negative effect against some mobs.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Against ghosts that don't have the buff, I got:

244, 194, 324, 222, 118, 121

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

:(

I checked my /stats last night so I could get 2 decimal point numbers. With Moon Worship (+10 dex), it was 0.61. Without Moon Worship, it was 0.63. I'll compare that tonight.

Mishikal and Geaux like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm less concerned with this. I typically use auto-attack with charged skills.

More concerning to me is that Chris said he would be nerfing Aimed Shot in the future.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Well, as I've only been using charged shot with the switch, it certainly makes my build fairly useless to get an ~50% damage reduction. ;)

Barugon likes this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

This is what happens when you let something be in game for too long before fixing it. People get used to it, change their whole playstyle and build around it, start loving it because it kicks ass, start telling new players to use it, then are devastated when it changes. Fixes need to be quicker.

I saw a non-tactics spec player crit a 3-bar charged shot for 1300ish last week... That isn't and wasn't intended.

As for air shield, 0.1-0.3 is no longer possible which is good as it made some all but invincible (as in going AFK against a dragon and taking 0 damage). I'm not sure nerfing dex buffs/stats across the board for all players instead of air shield would have been better... just more affected players.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Have you bugged it? If your output went down by 50% or more, clearly there is something else that came into play.

It sounds stupid, but maybe the reduction in damage per tick is currently being added onto one another, making a total out of it instead of being the total outcome each tick?

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'll agree fixes need to be quicker, but I think there still remains a significant overall issue when a basic play style (fighting as an archer, say ranged + light armor which I did originally) is such a tedious pain as to encourage one to not play the game. I.e., I'll agree charged shot air ranger was very powerful, and it does seem in the extreme cases, over powered. Now we appear to be swung significantly in the opposite direction.

Overall I wish this game luck, but until they can find some remote way to make this game enjoyable to play as PvE (in my case) or PvP (in other people's case), it's going to have a difficult time. I wasn't kidding that this was the first time since persistence (what, 3 years?) that I'd actually enjoyed XPing. I don't have the time to play 18 hours/day, 7 days/week, I get *maybe* 2 hours a couple of nights on week nights, and maybe 4-6 hours on the weekend. Outside of UT which gets exceptionally boring, there's little on offer for me to want to participate in. It was really fun to be able to go to NW blackblade and kill dragons.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's the combination of the damage reduction and the issue that you would immediately get two ticks to start off rather than one. He could've just fixed that issue and left the damage calculation alone.

11. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Say whaaat?! But...but have a classless system,. So you can be what you want to be and always suc..be bad. Unless you use magic or reach a ridicules level in your skills. :rolleyes:

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I play fantasy games to ultimately feel like a hero. Every time they nerf ranged (and historically there have been a lot) I instead feel like a chump.

Chatele and Mishikal like this.
  13. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

(Psst, maybe if we can get it even lower we can get Chris to make it so that all bows hit 2 targets as well, something to think about;))

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sweet. Then we'll only do half the damage of a two handed sword, which also hits two targets (or is it three?).

[edit] Ranged probably already (before the nerf) did half the damage of a two handed sword.

Jaesun, Chatele and Mishikal like this.
  15. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Not sure, i'm a ranger afterall. Hoping for 3 though:D

Mishikal likes this.
  16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Yep, I had an air mage for the longest time and had it to the point where I could just stand and take it all and regen my health and focus. It was broken. I dont play Air currently, but still testing other builds. there are a few really powerful ones out there with the right skills and levels :)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Barugon @Mishikal @Whoever else.

30 Days ago I warned pretty much all of you of this exact nerf incoming, I clearly said

At that time, I was talking of a 15% DPS nerf on archery, so this is not a surprise, we were warned a whole 30 days before it actually happened. Now like I said, if you DPS dropped by more than 50%, there is clearly something wrong. If what Barugon says about the double tick on startup, it can either mean two things, either A. There was an extra tick generated (so 9 ticks total (1 count double)) or B. instead of charging 8 ticks you only needed to charge 7. Here is the result of both :

A. 9 Ticks = 3.55x More damage than an auto-attack. At 1.44 seconds per full charge, this means 2.46x the DPS
    B. 8 Ticks = 3.2 More damage than an auto-attack. At 1.26 seconds per full charge, this means 2.54x the DPS

Now, unless he changed it way differently, this would still mean now we are getting 1.9x the DPS. Compared to example A, this results in a 23% damage nerf, and compared to example B, it would result in a 25% damage nerf. This is still nowhere near the 50% Mishikal is talking about.

So clearly, a bug is happening if it is that bad, but like I said, we were warned 30 days ago.

Sara Dreygon and Asclepius like this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Doesn't mean we have to like it or be quiet about it.

Jaesun, GMDavros, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Bug or not is immaterial. Forewarned or not is immaterial. The larger point was, I actually got to experience what it was like to have fun XPing in this game, an experience lacking for 3 years. So that's gone now, and what's left, more years of drudgery? I'll pass, thanks.

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it's good news, unless you really want to play an archer, as opposed to whatever's good at the time. I think that's a lot of the attitude at Port; "Well, if it sucks now, respec and play a different style." I want to play a ranged character, like I do in every other game I play. (I know you weren't trying to suggest that we should all just respec and be done with it; I just wanted to clarify things.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.