Bard Build - Killing Razorback Destroyers

Discussion in 'Player Livestreams & Videos' started by Violet Ronso, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Welcome to my very first youtube video for Shroud of the Avatar! This video will show you how I kill Razorback destroyers with bard songs! The beginning of the video will go over my deck, skills and gear, and then how I actually proceed with the kill!

Feel free to let me know what else you would like to see and I'll try to get more of these videos out!

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nice. What is your focus transfer for Shield of Air?

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

0.9, not all that great yet, aiming for 0.7 or 0.6 when I will be able to make cloth armor on my own!

Elgarion, Anpu, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Excellent tutorial !
    Often I see videos that don't talk about using a "dynamic" deck, so yours was most excellent in that regard.
    Thanks for sharing @Violet Ronso ;)

Vero, Elgarion, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How would that build fare against a bunch of high level archer mobs?

[edit] Or say shadow creatures?

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Not so good, IMO... They are scattered and tend to keep their distance - and Violet's damage depends on being in close proximity to target.

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'll upload a run in the Rise (mage room, Archer room, dragon kill) to show you the high level archer mobs, and then a quick run in Spindelskog. Haven't really worked on Extreme, but Hard spindle was relatively easy, but I have a different trick for Spindle! I'll tag you guys when the video is uploaded!

(BTW the answer is relatively easy, there are some archer rounds that are harder, but the Rise is easy IMO)

Elgarion, StarLord, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Can't wait to see the video ! :)

Elgarion, Violet Ronso and Barugon like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, that will be fun to watch.

Elgarion, FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Great job Violet! I like how you use the Chaos spell to help with your CC bard damage.

I just use my Tamed Croc and Bard AA skill to take down Razerback Destroyers. Different mechanic but same results. :)

Elgarion, FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Thanks!

Yeah, Torpid Torment allowing for extra DPS is a really great find. I am still open to new ideas though, I want to perfect this build as much as possible, because I am sure there are things I could add or change!

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why does this happen? Does Concussive Canticle also drain focus from your target?

13. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Yeah, when did Canticle start taking focus from the target instead of the caster's pool? I'm interested to know if this was intended or one of those "oopsie, someone switched a decimal or accidentally put a + where the - should go" short of deals.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Actually somewhere along the way, Concussive Canticle made the target lose the focus. Mobs would never take damage from torpid torment because there was no was to make them use focus but with concussive now it happens.

I like the way it works, and it promotes being heavily invested in casting, making you use weird gear like Fustian gear with focus enchants instead of other stuff, and the long cast time (5 seconds at my skills) is easily interruptible, so the high damage is slightly offset by that downtime period. This 4k "Crit" is high, but it's not like no other class can do them, I've posted my fair share of 4k+ crit screenshots.

I would consider a potential nerf for this whole situation is to potentially limit the targets hit by Atonal Aria to something like 10 or so, and also make Atonal Aria not stack with other player's Atonal Aria (if that still works, heard people were doing that, I tried it with Bjorn but didn't notice if his was dealing damage as well.) These two changes would at least make the high damage be toned down a bit. This should not affect too many situations, and if I recall correctly Fire is supposed to work this way, so it seems fair.

(after typing this I realized maybe there was a poison that did or does that but I doubt anyone would have ever tested it, it would have been weird to do).

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm not sure when, but I do remember a while back talking with Estroma and he told me that he died from it in PvP while he was using Chaotic Feedback, and we laughed at the idea of casting Torpid Torment on other players in pvp (and how hard it could be to pull off...) but I never imagined it working on mobs, but then I saw the damage numbers and I had to try it myself.

16. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

Elgarion likes this.
  17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yes, I do use Psalms in other situations, for the boars, it is far from necessary. I do use it in Spindleskog, I simply did not try Spindleskog Extreme solo yet, tried it with Bjorn and we were confused. Thanks for the tip though!

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nice job! Got it posted up on the events page. Thank you!

Anpu, Joe Zhudarak and Violet Ronso like this.
  19. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

nice, higher the focus higher the damage, there are a lot of new stuff like food with +300 and 200 focus... focus battery/ civility necklace, ashen wands with focus % masterwork, fusian gear... you can reach 5000+ focus with the right gear

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Thank you!

Yes! That is exactly the kind of stuff I will be working towards! Already got the focus foods (600 focus from foods!), and started building a Necklace of Civility. for my gear, it is already Fustian/Ashen with focus masterworks. Really eager to see how much I'll be able to push this, and surprised at 5000+ focus pools, I want that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.