1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Fixed 66377] Deco flip does not works

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Lilith Ayin, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Deco flip does not work with default settings and neither does it work with own settings.
    I can't put the bug data because / bug doesn't work in the chat either.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the 'deco flip' keybind has never been fully active: there are very few items set up to use it and it's really mirror, not flip. just ignore it for now.

what you are looking for is deco vertical rotate. this function is combined with the 'start glyph combo' keybind, which needs to be set to r.

/bug will work in any channel other than universal.

3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I have always had deco flip configured with left ctrl + r and I have used it a lot to put books, backpacks, tools or stone blocks horizontally or vertically, but after yesterday's patch it doesn't work :(

4. Alley Oop

@Lilith Ayin, it does not matter what key "deco flip" is assigned to. the issue is what key "start glyph combo" is assigned to.

cannot replicate, my "start glyph combo" is set to r and i can rotate books with r.

5. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I think I understand you.
    Key assigned to "start glyph combo": none. Alt also none.

6. Alley Oop

set "start glyph combo" to r

7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Sorry to insist, but my custom settings, in relation to these functions, since I started playing are the following:
    -- Deco flip: CTRL LEFT + R
    -- Start glyph combo: none
    -- Sheathe / draw weapon: R
    And deco flip has worked by putting heaps of decorations on my houses vertically or horizontally up to the last patch. As an example, all the horizontal blocks that I have put as a ceiling in my stone keep (in the image below).
    I understand that two functions cannot be replicated with the same key, it is logical, but I have checked all my settings and all functions have different keys or key combinations assigned, so I do not understand why deco flip does not work, if it worked correctly until Thursday.

[​IMG]

8. Alley Oop

i do not understand how it was possible that DID work before thursday's patch. this is even listed in the player insttructions:

• Rotate Decorations: The Q, E, and R keys will rotate the object during placement.
    • Holding the LSHIFT key while using Q and E to rotate will slow down the rotation for precision placement.
    • Holding the CTRL key while tapping Q or E snaps the decorations rotation 45 degrees forward.
    • Tapping R while moving a book or block decoration flips its axis by 90 degrees. This only works with books and blocks. (this text needs to be added to)
    • Holding the LALT key while using X and Z will scale the decoration up and down, to a maximum change of 20%. Note that decorations that already have a scale factor (such as for trophy fish) and many items that are interactive (crafting stations, beds, chairs, etc.) cannot be scaled.
    • Tapping N while moving a decoration other than a book flips its axis by 90 degrees. This only works with works with a limited number of decorations and is not available on most items.
    perhaps @DavidDC knows of something that changed that might affect it, but i know of nothing.

9. Laney

Laney Support Staff Moderator SOTA Developer

SOTA-66377 Enhanced the features of "deco flip" Please note, this feature still only works with a limited number of decorations. More enhancements to come with this feature in the future.