1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Dungeon Deco Wishlist thread

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Remescao, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

Right now in game, deco has two types of placement flags: indoors and outdoors. (For the sake of this thread, anyway, I'm sure it's far more complex than that.)

Dungeons are considered to be "indoors", and that can be a problem. Some rooms are huge echoey chambers that can handle big deco and bright lights, but some of the best such items can't be put in a dungeon room because they're flagged "outdoors".

Things I've tried to put in a dungeon room without success off the top of my head...
    *Large fountain (EDIT - can be placed)
    *Small ruins
    *Elven Streetlamps
    *Standing Stones
    *Unpotted Glowing Mushrooms
    *Shogun Lightstrings

...and more, where was plenty of room for them, but I figure they were flagged outdoors so players wouldn't try to cram them into buildings.

Possible solutions...

Make a third flag, "dungeon", that can be added to appropriate deco items.
    (Changing item flags.)

Make dungeons considered "indoors" and "outdoors", as long as there's room for the item. <-- Best answer, imo
    (Changing dungeon spaces flags.)

SOTA community: What deco do you wish you could stick in your dungeon, and why? What are your thoughts on if this is a problem, and how can it be solved?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

mushrooms would make a lot of sense.

Remescao, Lace, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  3. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

It would be nice to be able to place those items.

Remescao and Lace like this.
  4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

The large fountain will place - at least it will in the brown-marble foyer entrance... most rooms might not have sufficient height as the piece has a higher area reserved than you can visually see.

Remescao likes this.
  5. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

Bought some glowing green mushrooms from the crown store yesterday, and they are a perfect example... specifically flagged as outdoor only, but would look great in a dungeon.

Sentinel2 and Lace like this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Some of the rooms aren't properly set up for deco. ie the Rotunda.. foyers etc more than anything (in the context of dungeon décor) I'd like to see that fixed.

Cassandra Corax, Remescao and Lace like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Some items are flagged as "ground level" only deco as well, like fountains and wells. Not sure how these interact with dungeons yet, but they don't always work in basements correctly.

Remescao, Lace and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

To add to this

Fences and hedges, and like the layer cake, and arches would certainly be ways to liven up and "maze-ify" some of the 3x3 rooms we can craft.

I understand that these things are flagged as outdoor use, which may be the case with some lighting not being able to be used inside, but with the creation of player made dungeons it seems we need 3 switches on deco. Inside, Outside, Dungeon (and maybe the ground level only as the 4th that exists already?)

I am sure this would be huge to add the flag, but since this is part of episode 2, giving the most flexibility in dungeon creation using existing resources would be much welcomed by all I am sure.

@Chris

Cassandra Corax and Remescao like this.
  9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

not related to size, but, more pirate themed objects, please :)

sure, a shipwreck in a cavern, ill take that :)

Remescao likes this.
  10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Instead of adding a flag to an item, i think it is easier to set the 'allowed' flags to the dungeon rooms. E.g. this room allows: indoor, outdoor and ground level, another room only outdoor and ground level.

Remescao likes this.
  11. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

I know shogun light strings won't work, but I can see making an underground community using those.

And for Black tortoise's idea of a cavern shipwreck, we would need the nets and lobster traps placeable in a dungeon.

Spoon likes this.
  12. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Hmm, can we have one or more dungeon rooms taken from the underground town template? That allow steward access and placing LOT-Markers....
    So, every-one can build his own small underground town. (Including NPCs and wildlife)

These should be craftable (blueprint at the book vendor, but need alot of resources) and buy-able from store. This should allow to get your own "nested" underground city piece by piece.

This solves the placing question also.

(when the pledgers / town owners are ok with this)

Remescao likes this.
  13. Rogosh of the Zog Cabal

Rogosh of the Zog Cabal Avatar

Impaled Skeletons would be really great town/dungeon deco. Anything spook that emanates light would be great as well. Also scale-able stalagmites would rock. If there were any way we could have ghostly echoes like the ones in Highvale Outskirts for dungeons or houses, that would be really neat too!

Remescao likes this.
  14. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

The kobold town, and there are other giant underground chambers with freestanding communities... so that needs just about everything outdoors and indoors to be available for dungeons.

15. Lace

Lace Avatar

While this doesn't exactly fit into dungeon only deco, nor the wishlist for already in game deco in scenes available to masses, I wanted to bring up something that many have echoed including myself, and that is placeable food.

Now in eq2 you could eat a 'piece' get the buff and eventually the item would disappear from the table if enough ate it .. I get that is a lot of tech work. What would be nice a stepping stone is to maybe gauge and stretch goal fund, placeable food for all the recipes we have in game already (like the decorated cake slices) What does Ardoris cole slaw look like, what does Catgut stew look like, what does baked alligator gar look like? We have some place settings and utensils (love the copper pots store only though) ... but what makes a table is beautiful food.

Many folks have cafes in game and with the chess and checkers being able to be used soon, putting some food in those cafes would be so nice.

I understand this is a ton of artwork, so why not put it as a stretchgoal item by doing some artwork for a few things in that store.

(I also know some will say do combat or crafting changes first .. thus the reason for stretchgoal before it is done, if not enough interest okay)

Just an idea.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.