Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Free attack and Global Cooldown.

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by KuBaTRiZeS, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I've been using Free attack for this two releases, and even when it needs some work and the combat skills needs some reorientation to make it fit, i like it. And when facing and aiming is properly implemented, i think i'll like it even more. But there's something that bothers me, and that's not being able to start charging my attack while having skills in cooldown.

The main reason not to use auto attack in my opinion is that charging it takes too much time, and you could use a couple of skills in that time (as long as you have focus). Not allowing a free attack to be charged while our skills are in GCD is worsening that situation even more, and if i'm not mistaken, auto attack is always happening without taking in consideration GCD's, so why that distinction?

Please, Free attack won't be truly free until we break the shackles of the GCD that binds it. Free the Free attack!

2. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

I have noticed this too and I find its an issue, also as a light armor user i can't see the advantage of getting attack speed increases if I'm using free attacks instead of auto attack, unless attack speed reduces global cool down which I am not sure if it does or not. I think there should be a free attack cool down instead of using the global cool down, I think there needs to be a cool down just so people are not spamming low charged attacks every second regardless of attack speed, but it should have its own cool down, so that you can charge an attack while global cool down is going and you can alternate between free attacks and skill based attacks. At the moment it feels like we need to choose between using a free attack and a skilled attack which makes auto attack that happens regardless of your use of skilled attacks the much better option.

Lord Ravnos and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.