Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Jaanaford is Dedicated to... Honor?!

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I would hope that the devs consider other towns in making such a switch it could make a difference to others using them. Requesting a change to your PRT is fine and seems to make sense here. Changing the buffs to cover only personal likes seems wrong. IMO

2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I did get the buffs wrong on this. Justice actually has the cooking buff, but I do agree. I'm hoping for a reasonable compromise where all parties will agree to.
    The OP was mostly concerned about the lore connection concerning the founder of Jaanaford.
    ie. Jaana the Druidess in the Ultima series took care of the shrine of Justice.

3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I think you are right in that players have already placed devotionals based on their assigned buffs. Switching that up now could be... distastrous. So it would probably be best to keep the crafting buffs assigned to the same devotionals they already have.

However- simply swapping out the Jaanaford and Kiln devotionals (while keeping the buffs the same) wouldn't impact anything already placed in a POT.

Only the Kiln residents might be adversely affected, or benefited, depending on their view. But at the end of the day- all I am asking here is for the "best match" to the lore. So if somebody can make a better case for why things should be left the way they are, I'm all ears.

I just haven't come across anything in the published lore so far that would indicate Jaanaford should be dedicated to Honor, and Kiln to Justice. That's why I'm calling this a bug, and not a wishlist item.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Alexander and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Well I certainly wouldn't complain about the Cooking buff... :D

Still... While I don't think I've ever been to Fortus End where the Spirituality devotional is located... however I fully expect to find some DAMN good Fishing there. ;):D:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Alexander and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Well I can definitely say there are no prime Fishing spots in Fortus End. About 22 residents though, according to the Crier.

6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I also spent some time checking out the various devotionals. Sounds like Fortus End is about as populated as West End or Northwood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.