Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Sieges are not removed from NPC town

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

02/01/2019 20:43
    Title: Sieges are not removed from NPC town
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Sieges are not removed from NPC town. Once cleared the siege just instantly respawns even if no other Cabalist moves into the town.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32698
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.900.Date.02.01.19
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Hills01_Road/Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Hills Siege
    Loc: (-109.8, 80.2, 23.4)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfE5vdmlhX1I2X0NpdHlfUmVzb2x1dGV8KC0xMDkuNzc1LCA4MC4xODUsIDIzLjM1NSl8KDAsIDAuNjc5LCAwLCAwLjczNSl8ODUuNDY1ODF8MTB8Ny40NzY5MTU=

mike11 likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm a little confused so let me check on some things.

When you enter a siege and kill the boss/cabalist, the siege is "completed." Your description makes me think you expected the siege to despawn on the overworld when you defeated it. however, completing a siege does not mean it despawns in the overworld. Previously, it meant that you were not drawn into that exact same siege if you tried to enter the town that owned it, but nowadays we allow you to skip sieges at will so it's less relevant. In all cases, a siege will remain in place until it's corresponding celestial bodies come out of alignment.

On the other hand, it's possible you expected that one siege was not allowed to immediately follow another. However, it's possible that celestial bodies come out of alignment and are immediately followed by a different alignment, meaning the first siege is over but a second begins pretty much right away. And that's expected.

If I'm misinterpreting your bug report, let me know. If so, I'll probably need more information in order to toubleshoot the issue.

3. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

@Sannio Previously when I completed a siege with only 1 Cabalist, I could not do that exact same siege again. Now I can. We'v always been able to do another if another cabalist moves into the same town so that's not what I'm talking about. Im not sure if this is an intended change or not.

4. Sannio

How do you know it's the exact same siege? Do you play through both to the end and kill the same cabalist? Or do you complete a siege by killing the cabalist and re-enter that same siege to find there are no siege engineers and no way to summon the cabalist?

5. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

I cleared the same Cabalist in both sieges. Several times actually.

6. Sannio

If you were able to defeat a cabalist in both sieges, then that means they were two separate sieges. In other words, the siege you entered after you defeated the first cabalist was a brand new siege.

7. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Yes. And the reason for my report is that previously I was not able to enter the 2nd siege of the same type as in same, cabalist(s), same town, no new cabalists). Now I can. As I said, I have no way of knowing if this is an intended change hence the report.

8. Sannio

I'd say things are working correctly, but I do also want to thank you for the report. We did make some changes this release with sieges and at what point the boss gets assigned to it, so there will be some sense of changes to sieges, but otherwise they should work close to how they have been in recent months.

Jaesun and Armeleon Vesaz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.