1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67984] Conversationalist not "staying put" if owner leaves the scene

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Raven Swiftbow, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

10/24/2020 18:38
    Title: Conversationalist not "staying put" if owner leaves the scene
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, because they will stay on the house lot
    Details:
    - I set up a Quest using conversationalists
    - To make it easier for players to locate them, I placed them in strategic locations on various house lots.
    - I had the 'owner' of the house place the conversationalists so that they could tell them to "stay"
    - But apparently, as soon as the player leaves the scene, the conversationalist starts wandering. It stays on the lot, but wanders all over.
    - If the player logs back in, the conversationalist 'teleports' back to the spot they were told to "stay" in. [i.e. you won't see the conversationalist wander unless you use a separate character on a different account]

NOTE: We tried this with several different homes and in some homes they conversationalist seems to stay put. But in the Elven (village) home we tried every which way and could not get the conversationalist to stay in one spot if the owner of the home left the scene.

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Use one player and place a conversationalist in an Elven (village) home and tell it to 'stay'
    - Log the home owner out and log in on a different account - the conversationalist will wander.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8011
    SotA.Win.64.1295.Date.10.02.20
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
    Area Display Name: Duanor
    Loc: (379.0, 33.7, 21.9)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgzNzkuMDA5LCAzMy43NDksIDIxLjkxKXwoMCwgLTAuODg0LCAwLCAwLjQ2Nyl8LTEyNy44MTE0fDM2Ljg3MTY1fDUuOTM1Mzcx

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #67984

3. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

09/29/2021 08:47
    Title: Conversationalist moving around when set to stay here
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no

Details: Conversationalist set to stay here only seen as staying by the character that placed it.

Steps to Reproduce: Drop a conversationalist and set to stay here. Visit it with another character.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8171
    SotA.Win.64.1448.Date.09.20.21
    Area: POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Mysteria
    Area Display Name: Mysteria
    Loc: (1.8, 89.0, 100.0)
    Debug: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8TXlzdGVyaWF8KDEuODEsIDg5LjAwMiwgOTkuOTkxKXwoMCwgMC4yNDgsIDAsIDAuOTY5KXwyOC42NDY4OHw0OC42MjI2NnwxLjI1

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@vulcanjedi are you (the lot owner) still present when other characters are seeing it patrol?

5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

No I log out from the account that placed it and into alt. I see same behavior on all lots. Account that didn't place sees it moving around.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1650

7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

latest build. Checked mine and alts and all are acting correctly.
    vj

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.