Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Summoned Undead are still not scaling without their passives.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by thesometimeslurker, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

1. Title: Without the two death pet passives or very specific enchantments or artifacts, summoned Undead damage doesn't scale when their summoning skill is leveled.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: Without leveling the two Death Tree passives Undead Mastery and Mummified Undead, or the assistance of the Ancient Staff of Death artifact, a Summoned Undead's damage does not scale when leveling the summon skill only.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Step 1: Log into the game. Step 2: Enter a location where a summon skill can be used. Step 3: Summon the Lich/Skeleton Footman/Skeleton Mage. Step 4: Order the Death Summon to attack a target. Step 5: Note the damage the pet deals. Step 6: Raise the level of the Death Summon by 5-10 levels. Step 7: Order the Undead to attack again. Step 8: Note how the damage doesn't change.
    6. User Specs: PC running Windows 8, 64 bit OS, Game Release 57
    I have noticed zero changes in how my Undead deal damage from last patch, with 111 Undead Mastery, 102 Mummified Undead, equipping the Ancient Staff of Death, and GM'd all the Undead Summoning Skills. Only when I unquip the ancient staff of death do I notice any change at all, and it is still no different than if I did it in R56.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Correct. The Death Magic school has passives that make their summons more powerful. None of the other magic schools have those passives. This is as designed. Not a bug.

3. thesometimeslurker

Please understand that I'm not talking about the scaling from passives, I'm talking about the Undead summoning skills. @DarkStarr

A level 100 Summoned Lich Fighter with only level 1 in Undead Mastery and no ancient staff of death will deal the same damage as a level 1 Summoned Lich Fighter with only 1 level in Undead Mastery and no ancient staff of death.

Here is a direct quote from Chris about this bug, which was filed in the R57 QA two days before release.

Is this bug intentional then? To have Undead summons not gain any scaling damage from their summoning skills (unlike the newly fixed summons)?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  4. thesometimeslurker

@Chris

Is the fact that leveling Undead summoning spells (and not their passives) will not scale their damage intentional?

5. thesometimeslurker

Because it seems like I'm getting conflicting messages about this, or I'm misinterpreting something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.