Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The housing destroys any coherency; make it themed to fit the city

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by XiDragon, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XiDragon

XiDragon Avatar

Hello,

I hate the housing because the look of the houses destroys any coherency. Towns therefore do not look like something that is fitting into the world and/or environment and they do look artificial. I would love to see a kind of housing that only allows you to build houses that fit into the theme of the city. Or if that is not possible please make it completely optional so that the player can turn it off and don't have to see that.

Morkul, Gunga Din and Mordecai like this.
  2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

3. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

For me the problem is the yards.... Not every house should have a huge fenced in yard, some should be backed up to others, with shops and markets packed in between. There should be trees and overgrown areas in unused space as no one has lawn mowers or weed whackers or any of those other magical tools we use to trim our lawns and tame our open spaces.

I think it's just a matter of everything being too... neat.

I love the houses, but the space they occupy is somewhat odd.

4. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

There will be plenty of things to fill one's yard with, just be patient. I do like the idea of overgrown vacant lots.

OSullivan likes this.
  5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Maybe statics houses that could be buyed in game?, plots with houses, no gardens, that you couldnt change for another house?

Or/and, restrics houses that you can buy in a city by style or number (lighthouses for example)

Or/and, change appearence when you buy a house in certain region (dry tree in the desert, or sand textures in the knight houses, or nomad motives in the lord homes, or flat roofs in the desert, you get the idea)

OSullivan likes this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

While I agree, it seems too late. Unless them manage to have some cities with rules and some free for all.

I would prefer to have cities struggle to get magic or electricity or non-native building mats.

OSullivan and Valice_Belgraham like this.
  7. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

If they just got rid of the fences, put some static crap in the empty lots and maybe a random bunny or fox running around it would go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morkul, Cir and OSullivan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.