Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Automap

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

I suspect the problem here is that many people do not have dual monitors, and find that ALT-TABbing to view sotamap is both inconvenient and damaging to their immersion. Not only that, but the kind of map that not only places a marker to show where you are, but also fills in detail as you explore new territory/locations is a lot of fun, and reminds you of places that you have yet to visit.

It shouldn't be too hard for Portalarium to set a Unity game camera above each town in turn, grab an image that shows the whole town from directly above, pass that through a Photoshop filter to make it look like a woodcut drawing or some such, and add software that gradually reveals parts of the map as you visit it. Oh, and add in the "you are here" marker.

Chatele and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Nothing pisses me off more than anything than going outside the game for information that the game should already supply. It's not so much a matter of immersion (although a good reason in itself, considering the type of game SotA is trying to be) but a matter of principle.

3rd party sites can have the side effect of enhancing the experience, but they should NEVER be a replacement for good game design.

I don't have enough time to play games that don't make an effort of communicating important information to the player(s). You might think that this a snobby attitude to have but the alternative is that the game thinks it's so special that I have to bend over in order to play it.

Link_of_Hyrule and Chatele like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Patience grasshopper....;)

They have said that finishing the maps will be one of the final tasks before going live.
    They've been adding new towns/scenes/etc. with each and every release.
    Once they're finished with that huge task, then they will get back to making the maps for every scene - hopefully including one for Novia.

Let's cut 'em some slack on this one........ :cool:

Manerd, Gix and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

SoTamap is great but it's not loading very well for me atm

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Going live is in 3 months. soo... That might have changed since going live is no longer "launch"

6. DaemienX

DaemienX Avatar

It is a good map, but for those of us who play full-screen on one monitor it is obnoxious to swap around constantly.

I agree with everything in here. A nice (IN GAME) map would be very welcome, as would the ability to toggle runic and English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.