Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot unlearn skills - skill below not unlocked

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Arya Stoneheart, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unable to unlearn Knockdown, Break Armor and Inner Strength even though skill below them is not unlocked.

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

This is as intended. A skill, once learned, will not decay below the prerequisite level of a child skill.

Solazur likes this.
  3. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

4. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Skills are not meant to decay below a certain point. I feel @Balec Fares deCani did an excellent job explaining the mechanics in the last thread you made about this. Unless a specific skill is broken, the system is working as intended and this is feedback, not something that can be reported as a bug to the team.

5. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

And I feel its definitely a bug and NOT working as intended. Do you really think it is intended that one skill can set to unlearn and other skills not? One skill stops deacaying at 13 other at 3 or 20 has a system beyond? No, this is chaotic. Many others feel it's broken don't bother because there is no skill cap YET.

6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Perhaps I am not understanding what you are trying to report? Specifically to which skills are you making reference, @TarrNokk?

7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah seems odd that some skills I can unlearn down to 1, but the others reported are stuck.

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

But why?
    • Why isn't it explained in the game?
    • Why can't I unlearn a skill if I didn't unlock the "child" skill?
    • Why can't skills be disabled if they're at level 1 and their "parent" skill is bellow the prerequisite?
    • What purpose does unlearning skills serve if you can't unlearn them and recuperate the XP spent? I thought that was the entire point?
    You'd think they'd spend more time on the skill system. For people who have GMs it's no big deal but, for people who are new to the game and are XP starved, you're making it that much harder for them.

The system promotes the idea that your skills improve as you use them but, if you actually let your skills progress naturally (which is something I think every role-player and every newbie would do instinctively), you end up consuming XP too quickly with skills that aren't up to snuff for the task and, therefore, it prevents you (the player) from progressing through the content.

It's not so much that your skills "progress slower than usual"... it is practically the "wrong way to play" because it makes you weaker in the short term and the long term only happens when you have plenty of XP to spare... which can't happen unless your weak skills can get you through the content. So, as a newbie, you learn that it's best to focus on a few skills at a time... except now you can't fix your situation because you can't unlearn your skills to shove that XP into the few skills you've (now) chosen.

Most early level skills (save for Tier 1) are prerequisites for others skill... so that XP spent might as well be completely gone.

The devs made the Oracle give you XP as a daily to compensate for this flaw... which is more of a hassle to the new players. Just fix it and you wouldn't have to compensate.

9. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I asked those questions a few months ago and the answers were not satisfying. But anyway, you don't lose much because in the low levels the XP is very very little and the XP which is shoved to XP-pool when you unlearn them is just a few % of the consumed XP. So, for me it's a feature by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.