Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't learn crafting recipes through experimentation

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Aziki42, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aziki42

Aziki42 Avatar

Title: Experimenting not working
    Reproduction Rate: Every time
    Blocker? Yes for crafting new items since you can't make new ingots

Details:
    I know most crafting recipes can be bought and that seems to be a workaround for most things, but there are no recipes for smelting that I have found. So I can't make a bronze ingot, I put in the ingredients but the craft button will not light up.

2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

The Bronze ingot recipe is available in game. You just need to find the right persons who teach or sell it (which is supposed to be part of the fun!)

You can learn it from players who have learned it since R36 or you can find the recipe at multiple NPC merchants...
    ...including at one of the 3 merchants behind the adventurer trainer in Owls Head who have a large amount of recipes, including Bronze Ingot.

Please be aware of this recent change that went in with R36, the basic Iron and Copper ingots are discoverable, while the specialty ones you need to be to taught or buy the recipe.

3. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

Bah, frell! - Is there somewhere a list for the now undiscoverable recipes, so that we dont try to discover something, thats now undiscoverable?

4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Would probably be easier to list the items that CAN be discovered. Only very basic(entry-level) crafting recipes can be learned by discovery. This is cited in the post @Balec Fares deCani posted; "Currently we have removed Discoverability from all but the lowest-level recipes. "

5. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

Frell! - So what counts as basic? Exists for that a list? Or are that just the recipes, that everyone starts with? So that there isnt anything to discover anymore. Though, I thought they wanted for crafting a different approch as any other game...? - Without the discoveries is it just the same as it is in all the other games...

6. Skywalker75

Skywalker75 Avatar

Frell Frell Frell. In my meaning this is such a big change in crafting that gives newer players a disadvantage vs. old players. And that without a wipe at release.

And who is dropping recipes. I havent found any recipe until now in loot. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.