Contact Dev

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by AlienwareX, Sep 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienwareX

AlienwareX Avatar

How do you contact a dev if they don't respond on the forum or by email?

Ostvel likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Send them a message here in the forums.

But if it's a general support issue, other than livestream support@portalarium.com is your best bet.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Persistence and patience. You're competing with a lot of other people for their attention.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  5. oplek

oplek Avatar

Where did you get this notion of ego? A simple question was asked - if they're not responding to email and the forum messages, how do you get in touch? Peoples' advice was - email and forum messages.

Being patient is valid. But from the outside, with little information or feedback, it's not even clear that the official communication channels are working, or even the correct route. Though I am assuming that the support@ still automatically sends a verification email.

Montaigne, AlienwareX and Cordelayne like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can try @DarkStarr @Chris @Devs but what is your problem maybe some of us can answer your question. I know for me I've been here many years.

7. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

You could also send an in-game mail to Atos. He checks those fairly regularly.

8. AlienwareX

AlienwareX Avatar

I sent 2 emails at support@portalarium.com but they didn't reply yet . A month ago.
    Is that true , devs don't answers questions on the forums and by emails?
    That would be bad for business, no?

Chatele and Feeyo like this.
  9. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I wouldn't say that is always true. It also depends what you are mailing about. The support email generally takes longer. The forum messages, I'm sure they get a lot of them (and get tagged in a lot of things). I would try in-game or try to tune into one of the streams that Chris does. If you are emailing just a generic question about gameplay, I would say that you won't get a personalized response and are better off asking the community. If you are emailing about an account issue, the support email is generally the best way to go. If it's something more critical (i.e. an exploit) then I would contact @Chris directly on his stream or in-game.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can mail support about exploits.

ldykllr likes this.
  11. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I also advise patience. This is a small team, they wear many hats and are frantically trying to get this game out, fix bugs and produce patches, and answer queries from lots of people. Of course my question is the most important of all and should obviously be answered first (LOL) but I just trust that it is in there somewhere and I will receive a reply in due course.

Jaesun, Bowen Bloodgood and ldykllr like this.
  12. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

FYI: Chris has specifically stated (on stream) that he rarely reads the forums because too many people tag him for too many things, there aren't enough hours in the day. Tagging him on the forums for non-critical things is likely to just exacerbate the problem. He has said use PMs on the forum or in-game mail. Of course, that still assumes that he's the best person to deal with whatever a problem is.

13. oplek

oplek Avatar

That's the reality we live in now. The forums are for announcements, bug reports and us arguing among ourselves. It's one reason I stopped submitting ideas/feedback. There's no point. LB finally logged in Friday after nearly a month and a half of being AWOL. They don't read the forums. They don't read the wishlists and feature requests. And every time someone has a random fart of a thought, and they tag literally every dev in existence with a "what do you think", just disappears into the black hole.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Floors likes this.
  14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I've seen them say the same thing both here and on the stream yet people continue to tag them especially in this thread. People don't listen and really think that tagging them will make the look at their comments when it has done the opposite and has driven them away from the forums.

Synergy Blaize and Bedawyn like this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't think tagging them will make them look. But I have (very) occasionally gotten a response by doing so. More likely, if the dev in question happens to be on the forums shortly after, and happens to see that alert at or near the top of their alerts when (if) they go to clear them, they might click on the list. Maybe.

16. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

They do read the forums, and do implement wish lists that are worth it.

17. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

Don't ask anything controversial such as 'where's my pledge box?' on forums or emails, you'll receive no feedback whatsoever even when they ask you to notify them if it hasn't arrived by Mid August in a forum post within announcements

Never believe the we'll be back to you within 10 working days yadda yadda either

In short its very depressing getting anything out of the 'small team' everyone's quick to tell you their reduced today, I'm guessing my small team at work must be superhuman, maybe i can get Marvel to replace the heroes lost in the last film with some of mine???? (weekends and holidays only of course)

18. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Actually, to be fair, they have made some progress with the rewards for folks. If you haven't received your box or need to update your shipping information, I recommend contacting Chris Spears directly at cspears@portalarium.com

As folks have said, some of it does require some patience to follow up.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I do tag them here sometimes because darkstarr is pretty diligent at checking into the forums.

20. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Yet you heard Chris say that the devs are tagged too much and you still tag him. I'm sure Starr doesn't like being tagged so much either as he doesn't comment on anything he is tagged in. So since they have been driven away from the forums because people tag them so much it's not helpful. Unless you enjoy only getting updates by streams.

Synergy Blaize and Montaigne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.