Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

edit: Dragon Resist

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by Lazlo, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Note: When R71 was released, solar flare was bugged and not dealing damage to anything. I'm aware of that, and that's not what I'm talking about here. That bug was fixed in a patch today, and I tested after that update.

When I read the R71 release notes and saw that there were solar flare upgrades coming, I decided to do a before and after test to see how much of a difference the changes made. I killed the clockwork dragon in K'rul using only sun magic damage and it took me 9.5 minutes. That was just the night before last.

With R71, solar flare got a -10 sun resist bonus that can stack 3x from sun spec (I currently have sun spec), as well as a +solar flare damage chest enchant, and also, according to the notes, " damage has been increased dramatically along with focus cost".

Today, with the exact same skills, same deck, same buffs, same gear (+24% searing ray damage enchant), and same bad play, the same fight lasted...2o minutes, over twice as long, despite having the damage boost, +damage enchant, and an extra -30 sun resist.

I don't want to bug this yet, because it's possible that the clockwork dragon got buffed or some other change that is working as intended caused this. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed the same vs. other mobs.

edit: Both fights were during day hours btw. A little bit of the after fight might have gone into night hours towards the end because the fight lasted so long, but not enough to make much difference.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

So I spent some time fighting vs. regular mobs, and solar flare seems to be fine. I don't have a previous sample to compare it to, but it does the damage that it's supposed to and the +damage enchantment works. It's pretty great vs. undead.

I thought maybe the regen on clockwork dragon had been increased, so I checked those videos, and that doesn't appear to be the case either. So, unless there was some change to resistance for that particular mob, I don't really understand what's happening there. Maybe the resistance debuffs on solar flare and/or searing ray are bugged somehow.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Also, it would be a lot easier to know if skills like this were working properly if the tool tip was formatted differently. The way it is now, you just get one big damage range that includes night damage vs. live to day damage vs. undead. It would be a lot better if it gave the base damage range, the +% damage bonus vs. undead, and the +% damage bonus during day hours.

Mhtic and Anpu like this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think some resists actually were significantly adjusted, because I just tried to kill the orange pit dragon with sun magic, and it's now nearly immune and can't be damage at a rate higher than regen. Previously it could be killed with mid/high level sun magic in 7-8 minutes, and with high level sun magic in a little over 4 minutes. Not really sure why that would need to be adjusted given that it was already super slow, but whatever.

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Chris said in one of his streams ...dragons are about to receive specific resists ( like red dragon high resist to fire , blue to water and so on) ...weather those changes made it in this release though..no idea ...but sounds like they did from what you are describing.

Mhtic, Anpu and Lazlo like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Hopefully that means that they got some new weaknesses also and not just more resist.

Mhtic and Anpu like this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Ran to blackblade to fight some yellow dragons thinking that maybe they'd be super resistant to air or that earth might hit them now. Earth still did 0 damage to them, and air would not only hit them, but the stuns also worked. I've never tried using air against those before, so maybe that's how it's always been, but I thought dragons were immune to all cc. They're still fairly resistant to air damage btw, but not ridiculously resistant.

Mhtic likes this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Dragons resists have changed for death as well, Also they can be chained stunned right now with Bludgeon skills. Chris did mention that they were going to get some resistance to magic types for various ones. Not sure if its in or if its bugged. Death is around 1/3 the damage now on the pit.

Mhtic and Lazlo like this.
  9. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I think the dragon resist should follow the magic glyph color in skill window. Like red dragon should have the highest fire resist and some resist on death and sun magic, but it should be more vulnerable to water and moon magic.

Green dragon should have the highest earth resist, etc...

Mhtic and Lazlo like this.
  10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

When I saw that the orange was now super resistant to sun magic, I thought that this was probably how it was working now, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not with everything.

Has anything (other than cc) been confirmed to work better now than before against specific dragons? I think I remember someone saying something in U chat about fire being more useful against some dragons now.

Side note: CC is working on trolls now also. You can literally interrupt all of their attacks with gust. Not that they were very hard in the first place, but being able to lock down bosses so easily seems kinda ridiculous. You can even stun dragons while they are flying.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Mhtic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.