Empty Chest thing has got to go - think about the New Player getting 5 empty chests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I should mention the timer (2 minutes?) that causes all chests/sacks/barrels/crates to be empty when you have just entered a zone. This used to be a big problem with bandit encounters, but they must have specifically overridden it there. This is to prevent abuse like constantly looting boxes near an entrance, or forcing a new instance.

Black Tortoise and Jaesun like this.
  2. golruul

golruul Avatar

In addition to empty chests having to go, chests whose contents are only ever 12-13 gold need to go as well.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

A very good point! However, a fairly simple way to combat abuse would be that it keeps track of WHO looted it, and it will never let that same person loot the chest more than 1 time every 60 minutes or something. If that happened, then it is pretty much solved.

StrangerDiamond and Rentier like this.
  4. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I’ve never found anything of much value in a chest. It’s usually some gem chips, a recall/teleport scroll, a few gold, some materials, etc. I see no problem in newbies getting some loot from them.

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.