Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ferig's Battle Camp - could not complete Sir Patrick Quest

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Rinaldi, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

10/28/2017 9:23 AM
    Title: Ferig's Battle Camp - could not complete Sir Patrick Quest
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: I skipped the Sir Patrick Quest initially, and got my shroud of the avatar. Then, I came back to the Kobold Expeditionary camp, opened the cage and freed Sir Patrick. He told me to go and see Lord Ferig. When I tried to speak to Lord Ferig, the conversation window would not open; however, he did say "Look, you've been very helpful and all that, but I really must think. Good day to you." Shouldn't there be some sort of recognition that I completed the Free Sir Patrick Quest? Then, when I went back to the Kobold Exp Camp, Sir Patrick was still locked in his cage, waiting there as if I have had never freed him. Ultimately, I am unable to get into the multi-player instance of the Kobold camp (while alone) since SOTA still thinks I have not completed the quest. I tired going bakc and forth between Kobold Camp And Ferig multiple times, and same result:(
    Maybe this is not working because I completed the Shroud quest already?
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.683.Date.10.27.17
    Area: Novia_R10_Forest01_FerigsBattleCamp
    Area Display Name: Ferig's Battle Camp
    Loc: (31.0, 24.2, -4.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjEwX0ZvcmVzdDAxX0Zlcmlnc0JhdHRsZUNhbXB8fCgzMS4wMzgsIDI0LjE2NCwgLTQuNjI0KXwoMCwgMC44OTIsIDAsIDAuNDUyKXwtMjQ1Ljg0NTR8MjkuNzM2Nzh8OC42ODQxODk=

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i haven't done this, but maybe go back to estgard?

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Could not get anyone in Estgard to acknowledge the existence of Sir Patrick or any other prisoner.
    Also, my task list indicates I need to speak to Ferig, which proved futile.
    Not sure if I am missing something. However, if I do what is on the task list, SOTA should at least arecognize that I did so.

4. Milca

Milca Avatar

When I told Lord Ferig that "Sir Patrick is free"... He told me"Everything has a cost"

[​IMG]

5. DreadPirate80

DreadPirate80 Avatar

Same thing happening for me and a friend we did the side quest after and now Ferig not at his camp and have no access to throne room in Valhold.

6. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

Just wondering if this is still a know issue or not. I was able to free Sir Patrick and I'm sitting here trying to convice Lord Ferig of what I've done but I'm not getting anyting other than what's been reported by others. Any update on this?

7. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

It seems to work now. It now sends you to Valhold

8. Macius34

Macius34 Avatar

Nope, I went to Valhold first and got the warrant etc to give to Ferig. On my way I decided to complete free Sir Patrick and now when I speak to him about freeing Sir Patrick he also tells me that everything has a cost...Guys more bothered about his wine than his knights it would seem :(

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I got stuck on this part this evening. For some reason, Lord Ferig would not respond until I spoke with Ean, Captain of Ferig's Guard, about just about everything. Then the blue sparkles appeared on Ferig and he advanced the quest to "Travel to Valhold".

@Lexie I know this is in an older release's Bug forum, but apparently this is still an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.