Hammer Time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Robert, Apr 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

So after the changes to Air Shield I determined it time for Robert Baratheon to be a 2 handed hammer. I still use air spells (air shield, air embrace) because, well, I am an air guy.

Any tips from hammer users? I use leather armor so my fizzle is not too bad. I use discharge and chain lightning as my ‘aoe’ for damage and stunning.

I use two (2) brittle Braun rings and with gear my strength is in the low 400’s as is my dex.

Any food tips for fizzle help? I use devotional to help. I also cast purify and douse to help.

My damage is low. I have 135 base for Bludgeon and I have a good hammer (though I made it look like a glowing light saber staff which I like) but I don’t get tons of physical damage. I think not using strength of earth hurts me, but my air shield needs dex.

Any tactics tips helpful as I was 1000% dependent on spellbinder stance since persistence so I am very inexperienced with tactics.

Overall I am enjoying using a hammer. Air specialized at 144 and Bard is my second specialization. I use Bard for dex/crit bonus and focus regen, but since the change to Bard I am happy to ditch it for a different speciality if anything would help my hammer skills. I considered unlearning air special and taking that to 110 or so as that would allow me to reallocate 1.4 billion xp to things more ‘hammer’ beneficial. But I am so in love with air I am not sure I should.

I am no where near as powerful with my Hammer build as I am as an air mage. I cannot ATT in extreme zones with my hammer. I can do the Rise mage room etc with my hammer but I cannot do high level content with it. Ghosts in Spind. Extreme are very hard for my with my hammer - where my air can handle them even in groups of 3 (when I am pure air mage).

I am stepping out of my comfort zone with the air shield changes, and again I am enjoying it so far. I thank anyone who has any updated ideas for me (asked before and this community was, as always, very helpful) and I appreciate this community for helping make this game what it is.

King Robert has his Hammer now! Look out Bessie!

Elgarion, FBohler, Alley Oop and 2 others like this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The normal way for getting damage up with bludgeon is to use berserk and berserker stance and run around stun locking stuff to make up for all the -defense. Berserker stance makes fizzle too high to use much air magic though, so can't really have both.

Bludgeon has all the stuns you need with spec though. If you want to keep air spec, I would dump bard spec and spec bludgeon. It makes all your stuns last much longer, boosts the damage on knockback, and adds stun to ground pound. Then you wouldn't need any air other than your long duration buffs, so fizzle wouldn't be much of an issue and you could use berserker stance.

Alternatively, if you want to keep both specs and use some air damage, you could always use blades instead of bludgeon. Blades does a lot more damage without spec than bludgeon does, and some blades weapons benefit a lot more from dex than hammers if you're going to be using dex anyway....................or ranged

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    King Robert, FBohler, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I was sure that you left this game ) But seems not...
    Usually, the mage from this room dies from immolation in 10 sec.

FBohler likes this.
  4. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

If you're using light armour anyway... Try Bandit

King Robert and Anpu like this.
  5. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Stunning stunning stunning

King Robert likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Here are some things I would recommend this 2nd time around.

1. 5-6 stacking knockdown for VERY long stuns
    2. Using the Combo (Titan smash : Body slam + Knockdown), gives you extra strength!
    3. Use a Maul! They have Very High strength bonus so they hit like trucks!
    4. Try spellbinders stance and have 2 spam slots. With high draw speed, and a decent focus regen, you can spam glyphs super fast (as you know), but this isn't only good for spellcasters, melee users can benefit a lot from this. Also, switching to a 2nd deck when everything goes on cooldown offers a quick refresh on your glyphs. Not sure if you need a second weapon type for this though!
    5. Make sure you are using Savage Sonata, even after the nerf this should be very strong for you!

And yeah, use bandit gear at this point. The leggings are good for bludgeon, and the set bonus isnt bad either :p!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    King Robert, StarLord and Anpu like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Titan Smash (Body Slam + Knockback) Give +10 STR buff for a short duration, and does quite a bit of damage if it hits...

King Robert and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. necronut

necronut Avatar

Doesn't work. As soon as you cast one, the other is gone. Some good ideas, but that one is incorrect.

EDIT: Meaning you cannot use Berserker's Stance and Flurry in tandem, to clarify. Use one, the other is disabled immediately. Every time.

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Dang you are right, I forgot about that!

necronut likes this.
  10. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

I fire mage, I just run and pew-pew-pew ez win :D

FBohler likes this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

dont have really any good hammer tips for you but i do have a tip on this one. every time i get the bug to rework my specs i go to the QA server to try it out first. test what it is like, then usually keep it exactly where it is on the live server :)

12. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Out of curiosity: How on earth does one get Base damage so high?

13. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

@King Robert If you don't mind fizzle, Tactics Spec will cause a major bump in your damage, with Berserker's Stance. Not to mention it increases move speed, attack speed and STR.

King Robert likes this.
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think he means the base Innate skill (the very first one) would be at 135, not his basic attacks.

Ysold and King Robert like this.
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.