1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Necklace Patterns

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Browncoat Jayson, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd like to see some necklace patterns added that can be applied to Taming Necklaces. These would then change the summoned creature into the form of the patterned item.

All current non-combat pets should be able to be turned into an Eternal Pattern (by salvaging) to apply to Taming Necklaces. For example, the Blood Raven Decoration Pet could be salvaged to receive an Eternal Pattern: Blood Raven Taming Call, which could be applied to a Taming Necklace containing an Obsidian Destroyer. When summoned, the pet would then appear to be a Blood Raven, but have the stats of the Obsidian Destroyer.

Myself, I'd really like to use my Rottweiler pet on a Wolf summons.

Strider99, Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Probably a bit of new tech, but I did suggest this to the team right now. Something I would like to work on for sure at some point. Sure, maybe not very immersive to have a powerful pet that looks like a bunny (speaks softly so the arch lapin doesn't hear), but why not if it adds a layer of fun customization? Plus, some of the tamed pets are annoyingly large and block camera view quite a bit, depending.

Anpu and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Thanks, @Elgarion! I know a lot of people would appreciate a pet appearance customization.

For summoned pets, perhaps offhand patterns that could apply these effects? Then they would go on the attunement artifacts. And you could control which apply to tamed pets (necklaces) and which apply to summoned pets (offhands) separately.

4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welp, sounds like it'll all be a lot of new tech because of how necklaces and taming work. We'll keep "alternative appearances of pets in mind" -- it's a great idea :) Perhaps not via patterns, but we might be able to muster up something at some point.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Meanwhile I find my tamed wolves to be too small :( I want a Razorback Destroyer sized wolf!

6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Maybe another approach might be, such as there are rare seasonal/event bosses - perhaps there could be rare/seasonal level 100+ tames that represent the "apex" / "sage" (Sennin) / lord of all of that type of animal (like a Shadowfax/Gamabunta/Arch Lapin)

Like in March/April, a tamable Arch Lapin could appear as a boss in forest/plains encounters, in May/June the lord of all ducks, etc.

This would add a seasonal/rarity aspect to taming that would cause something interesting in the economy as well as shake up the taming meta a bit. Shadow versions of creatures already exist, seems like a reasonable (but incredibly rare) thing to stumble across a 1,000 year old lord of X animal, that has been absorbing magic energies or etc, that can hold its own against some of the toughest creatures in Novia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.