Now Announcing the New Britannian Market!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Lord Andernut, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Note: I intend to expand this post over the next few days/week with current accomplishments and short and long term goals.

Located by Lake Equitas just west of Brittany on the Overland Map.

Discord Channel (New! Nov 28!: https://discord.gg/V5w3ucE)

You may view the town map here on the Shroud of the Avatar Maps site.

Update: July 04, 2018

The Town as it stands today!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some Views from the Town:
    About to Enter
    [​IMG]
    The Docks
    [​IMG]
    Newest part of Phase 1 (granite pavers are placeholders)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also Home to the New Britannian Rares Museum. To be discussed Further in a future post which will include notable donors, how to be come a donor (and why).

I don't want to spoil the museum so only posted a few screenshots - Another work in progress (I'm just one Hamster!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Sonja, Royou, Bettyboo and 24 others like this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

A very quick rundown (to be improved upon).

I want to build a community I want to live in.
    I want to build a community you would want to live in.
    I want to build a community you would like to visit.

There is no fee to settle in the New Britannian Market, but as the town fills up an eye will be kept on player and vendor activity.

I do have a limited number of free lots and vendors for those who do not own their own deeds yet, feel free to send me a PM and I'll help you out if I can.

You'll need to decorate your lots and we will work together to find a good spot for the product you are selling and the type of house you enjoy.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Sonja, Royou, majoria70 and 12 others like this.
  3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Currently Seeking:

1. Nice screenshots of the New Britannian Market.
    2. Someone who would like to run the Spa - great location, and can accomodate up to 4 vendors.
    3. "Anchor Vendors" - Players with lots of products, or guild locations get prime locations, several still available.
    4. Town is currently: Open to new residents and casual vendors.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Sonja, Royou, Time Lord and 7 others like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Reserved.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Reserved.

Wextel and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Last reserved.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Thanks for the tour on Sunday! NBM looks beautiful and I love the museum! :cool:

Maxine Trehawke

Sonja, Royou, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
  8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Wow! I'm really looking forward to visiting.

9. Acred

Acred Avatar

An impressive amount of planning and work has gone into this.

I'll send Glimmer over to visit soon. :D

10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Very, very nice job. :)

11. Womby

Womby Avatar

I checked it out, and it looks like it has everything required to be successful. Do you have need of a book store there?

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

A book store would be grand! I'll send you a PM and we can discuss placement and lot size.

13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I'd like to welcome several new members to the town, with the Bookstore and several new vendor locations.

Phase 1 is filling up, there are still 2 City Lots, 1 Town, and 4 Village lots in Phase 1 and around 12 row locations for vendors.

I will be growing out the "Marble Square" area.

Further plans over the next month:

1) Enhance the second set of crafting stations in the Marble Square to Expert level as that area fills out (the rough stone pavers are temporary until we find out how roads will work, Bone White is the planned look for the entire town1

2) Bring a few add-ons and pledge vendors online that will pull more traffic (All vendors in town are currently Player Owned not by me).

3) Bring the Public Vendors online and dedicate some of those to town residents and others to Visitors using the permissions section.
    Currently planned Public Vendor Locations:
    3 @ FireLotus Tavern "The Kicking Hamster"
    2 @ Crafting Station
    2 @ "Birdhenge" Ring of Stones

Other ongoing Plans:
    Continue to flesh out the museum.
    Town Listing of residents.
    Website!
    Town Signature!
    Plan out site of the coming City-Sized Permanent Maze.

14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

End of February Update:

Stats At a Glance:

Settled:

25 Row Lots
    23 Village Lots
    5 Town Lots
    1 Keep Lot

Reserved:
    Land: 1 Row, 1 Village, 1 Town, 1 City

Available Land:
    7 Row Lots (1 in Phase 1, 6 in Phase 2 South)
    3 Village Lots (Phase 2 South)
    1 Town Lot (on the Island)

Available Water Locations:
    Potentially: 1 Village (any water), 2 Village (Must use Lighthouse), 1 Town (Lord's Houseboat). 1 City (Ship).

Vendors:
    Player Vendors Placed
    5 Public Vendors (Not yet enabled, 10+ planned)

15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

End of February Announcements

A Big Welcome to new residents this month, about 15 new residents this month and growing.

1) Over the past month we filled up the new Marble Market area!

The Marble Market is a central 2-village lot square with 4 Public Vendors and planned full compliment of Expert Crafting Stations.
    7 Row
    6 Village (3 on the square and 3 near the square)
    1 Town
    1 Village Lot is still available in the square.
    11 player vendors have been placed in the square so far.

2) Expert Stations for the Marble Market have lagged behind, but the crafting pavilion at the town entrance by the docks as a full set of expert stations. With 6 bankers in the town and one outside the Crafting Pavilion it is always easy to bank your materials. Expert stations are still planned for the Marble Market!

3) Phase 1 is nearly full in it's entirety! Of the area I envisioned to be "Phase 1" there is now just 3 lots remaining (2 row, 1 village).

4) Phase 2 South has 9 placed and available lots (6 row, 3 Village). The City Lot is reserved as a future Point of Interest for the town. Garden or Maze options being entertained next to the Gustball field.

5) Phase 2 North is being booked and currently has 10+ expected occupants already waiting for lot placements. The current booking is 1 city lot, 1 village lot and 12 row lots (we will see how things look when laid out!).

6) We have 7! placed Devotionals that seemed the most useful. New Britannian Market provides the full level Buff for adventurers and lasts in excess of 16 hours on Feb 26th (it may be higher now). The number of placed Devotionals may increase or decrease depending on the siege mechanic for R40.

7) Public Vendors is lagging behind, but as with everything I prioritize and so far I am favoring market expansion followed by market refinement. There is a need to be sure players specialize in their vendors and I will do a future quality pass through existing player vendors. Having Public Vendors will allow players who specialize to sell odds and ends through the public vendors. This will help prevent finding house deeds on an armor merchant for example.

I still expect implementing the Public Vendors to lag behind awhile until much of Phase 2 is laid out.

8) I still need a website dedicated to the town and to create an Official Museum Thread.

Finally, as always, the town is free to move to and free to move in to. Dedicated Players can be provided with a Lot Deed, Home & Commission Free Vendor.
    Anyone who would like a place to live may also live without a deed in New Britannian Market, deeds permitting, there are several player initiatives to provide free housing, my own being one of them.

For anyone who enjoys the museum and the town and would like top contribute to the town's growth and the acquisition or donation of rares for the museum, please contact me to find out how!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  16. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

We filled up Phase 1 Entirely!

1) I managed to squeeze in about 4 more row lots and 2 more village - of those spots there are 2 row lots left, and that's about it for Phase 1 except for:

2) 1 village lot - centrally located, cannot place a house, must decorate well as a garden type lot and keep your vendor stocked. In exchange you will get a very visible and ideally profitable location in the town.

3) I'm currently taking names for row/village/town lots in Phase 2 South area - (and 1 city lot if you are willing to use an airship). For now, Phase 2 North is on hold because the Southern side is much easier to incorporate into the main town for now.

4) Still awaiting Bone White Pavers in road lengths to cut down on deco counts so I can beautify more.

5) There is a well decorated spooky haunted mansion out on the island that one of our residents put up - I've cleared some trees and built a floating dock out to the island to make your trip there easier!

6) As a reminder, granite, wood, and cotos always come in handy in the town donation chest (situated on the ring of stones at the front of the town). Every little bit helps make your New Britannian Market a more beautiful place :)

17. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

Lots of birds!

Time Lord and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  18. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Update: Went through a redesign that made part of the town a bit easier to navigate, opened new sightlines and ALSO opened up a few choice lots (4 remaining).

2 new row lots
    Right on the Marble Market, these are reserved for crafters of weapons/armor on this square.

1 Row Lot
    On the river due south of the Town Entrance on the docks.

1 Village Lot
    Due south of the Town Entrance, across from the new row lots.

[​IMG]

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I've done most of my connecting in-game and messages and not doing many updates.

A few interesting statistics:
    -Over 100 lots claimed ranging from row to castle.
    -Over 100 player vendors in town.
    -I just had a baby! (Little Matthew Anderson). Expect me to miss more PMs than I currently do. Feel free to bump conversations if I don't respond.
    -Many lots are full, but as centre lots become available they tend to go to existing residents.
    -I think the town can use a few more high end crafted vendors, I'll do my best to get you great placement. We currently have concentrated by the Marble Market: Armors by LoT Guild, Weapons by LoT Guild, Wands by Adam Crow, MageGear Thexedor Markhamm, Sara Dreygon's high-end weapons/armor, Hannah Alpenglow's Bow's and Leather, Gringo's Swords, Dereck Visaard's Rings and Amulets (soon!), Fashions by Tiffani SaintOrange (and more!).
    -Active crafters of goods high and low end (but made intelligently!) will continue to be accomodated and take over this area of the town.

I am taking reservations for players who would like to do "outdoor" lots, meaning no house. This could be garden or smithy etc., decorated well, and active. These will generally be prime locations in the town.

Screenshot below with yellow highlighting available areas (send a PM!), but the town continues to grow and change. Eagerly awaiting tools to allow more water lot placements!
    [​IMG]

20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Well congrats on the new addition to the Andernut family! See my PM when you get a chance! :p

Lord Andernut and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.