Release 89

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Tyvm, @Violet Ronso :)

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

No problem.

By the way, all this info I know about this game is an open book, there is nothing I will keep secret. I have started sharing much of my knowledge either on my Twitch or my YouTube so if you either have questions or are curious, drop by or ask them, I will ALWAYS share what I know.

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Even I agree that it's "raining artifacts". I play maybe an hour a week and I have already come across two drops on some pretty basic mobs.

Granted they were both two common rings that I will never use, but still it was nice to see!

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Couple of changes coming in next patch for fire. Fire Speed (Reach) will give .3% per point instead of 0.3125%. (Yes, small but if I don't mention it someone will yell) Base damage for the dot for ring of fire changed from 3-5 to 2-5. Also, immolation is changing to be on shield channel.
    https://discord.com/channels/179618786972925952/638434378355048458
    @azazel_reborn Pardon me, Fire Speed. It is called Fire Reach in the data.
    http://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1389567462824419333
    Explanation: Immolation needs to be a choice. It was always supposed to be on the shield channel. Even the location in the tree matches the other 4 elemental shield locations. Without it being on the shield channel there is no reason for anyone to ever not have it on.
    http://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1389542586407428109
    Several bard skills are having their charge time decreased as they will now respect cast time bonus. Several of them will see their execution time go up for players with extremely high cast time bonus.
    http://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1389547095359696898
    Shield of Crystal and Shield of Ice getting a little love. They are definitely the red headed step children of the shield family and deserve some extra love to be as useful as SoA, Immolation, Death shield.
    http://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1389556591133929474

Time Lord and Margaritte like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This part can be ignored, as he got confused by how some players play and thought you could stack Immolation with Shield of Air.

And this is the same thing.

Meanwhile this one confuses me. The first sentence says they will respect cast time bonus, meanwhile the second sentence says that the Execution time will go UP for players with a Cast Time bonus, which is the opposite of how cast time bonus works lol.

6. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

I am a long time baker and I just came back to the game couple of weeks ago and started a brand-new character, I followed the FOTM and I did tactic/air build with bow's charged shots. I am honestly surprised of how I can deal with many scenes with a character lvl 90 and skills around 100. I entered The Rise and, while I wasn't able to kill skeletons in the lich room, I could deal pretty good with elven mages, even after the nerf, they keep dispelling my Air Shield, but I am able to recast it, I just need to use bit more focus/health potions now.
    Another scene I could deal pretty well is Tartarus Maze, I can kill mobs pulling 1 by 1 and getting decent drops, and I can complete super fast town's sieges having decent exp and drops ( in 2 weeks of gameplay I got, as others stated, a rain of artifacts) .
    I compared my efficiency with a friend lvl 100 fire mage, and I can effectively grind artifacts faster than him, he requires much more exp to get to my level of efficiency, he can probably farm exp faster than me, but not artifacts.
    I didn't have to level up so many skill, I just brought archery to 120 and passives to 100, Tactic spec + bersker to 90, air shield to 100 and couple of skills in that tree for attunement, dex and str passives skill from tactic and subterfuge, couple of skills on focus tree to have less fizzle and focus cost and the passive one to have more powerful potions.
    I probably cannot grind ep2 stuffs, I didn't try it yet, but I honestly don't pretend to do it at lvl 90. I am pretty satisfied of my build, and I don't understand where all those complaints come from, seems those nerfs hit more min/maxer than low level casual players.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Out of curiosity, how big is your FTR right now?
    Just curious: how did you measure the effects of recent nerfs if you created your new character a couple of weeks ago? I'm interested to know!

9. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

What is FTR?
    I was in the rise the week before the patch and I could kill those mages, I went again to the rise after the patch and I could still kill mages but with more difficulty cause of their dispel, but more difficult doesn't mean I couldn't.

Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

FTR stands for Focus Transfer Rate, a Shield of Air property. You can hover the mouse over the icon to see your FTR.

PS.: being able to solo the elven mage room in a couple of weeks is impressive! Congratulations for that!

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  11. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

My FTR is still 1.0, it is pretty high, I guess I need to level up more air shield to get it lower.

Thank you! I played this game long ago, so I am not a totaly new player and I know The Rise, but this character started from zero.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

In my recent testing, Shield of Air would not receive critical hits, and I think @Echondas had reported something similar before, so if it's the case (still waiting for proof of contrary, I feel like this is wrong but I haven't seen proof yet), a 1.0 FTR that cannot be critted on is still very good.

sotasota4 likes this.
  13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yikes. I don't think SoA should prevent crits, but the thought that those 300 point hits (with a FTR of .6) weren't even crits...

16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Well I have been hit for quite a few times for over 700 health, it does happen!

But it seems like it would only be a log error and that those big hits might actually be crits but the Shield of Air doesn't state them as such, which is where my confusion came from!

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, I'm well aware. If I take a focus hit for 250-300 with SoA on, they have to be 650-700ish hp. Just the idea that they were"normal" hits and not even big ones... glad it's false, is what I'm sayin'.

FBohler and Violet Ronso like this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

On the QA server, there is now Patch 1184. Some upcoming changes(?) might be on there for you to try out.

Margaritte likes this.
  19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Have heard a lot about air shield, but not much mention of the fact that torpid also removes chaotic feedback. I guess that's better than if they stacked and you just instantly exploded, but still pretty obnoxious.

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The main feature of torpid is the fact that it removes Air Shield. We have given feedback to Chris to make sure they don't cast it too often, but it's a player idea to have mobs cast Torpid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.