Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Health Bar bug is still here

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by FrostII, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Confirming bug. This release I get it within about half an hour into (not all but most) sessions running just strength of earth and shield of crystal buffs. I got it most recently using founders armor, so no buffs coming from there. I think it may have gotten a bit worse this release too. I just saw it cap health 200 points below base maximum at one shot. Last release it seemed I was losing more on the order of 50 points below base maximum periodically. Cheers!

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

As a control, I ran a session in the Mysterious Swamp from day to night to day again. I cast no spells other than Light and Healing Touch, and my sword attack spells. So only my armor and Sun Worship/ Sun Eater affected strength. I lost HP's throughout the session, finishing at 745/758 HP's maximum. The HP's lost came in steps-- first -1 then -5 then -2 then -5. Surprisingly, the loss stayed in effect in the middle of the night when I saw 725/733. I wonder if the DOT from spider poison, undead fighter rend and undead caster fire spells are part of the cause.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Lexie , I reproduced the control in the post above twice today. The first was in Mysterious Swamp, the second was in Deep Ravenswood. I can verify that I lost max HP's to undead, spiders, and wolves. Also, max HP's were independent of whether or not the strength buff, Sun Worship, was in effect. For example, I lost HP's while at night. Surprisingly. I went to 731/733. Then Sun Worship kicked in, and I went to 731/758. I continued to lose HP's during the day, getting down to 725/758. Night fell again, Sun Worship went away, and my HP's were 725/733. The HP's did not adjust to X below Max HP's. For example, from 731/733 to 756/758 or from 725/758 to 700/733. The same did not happen going the other way. For example, I was in Deep Ravenswood with 753/758 during the day. It went to 733/733 at night. Which I expected.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie
    To add to this a bit, when I am unable to "fill" my health bar - everyone else in my party and in the same scene see's me as FULL HEALTH - EVERYTIME.
    (I can see me as 483 out of a possible 855 and can't heal past that, but THEY all see me as 855).

Why on earth would my health bar be correct for them and not for me ?

I'm a tank and use all of the following, and I replenish them often:

Strength of Earth
    Air's Embrace
    Glancing Blow
    Fortify Defenses
    Inner Strength
    Defensive Stance

To illustrate how urgent it is for US to figure this bug out, here's an example of how bad this gets - over time:

In the pic below, I can not heal any further than what you see.

[​IMG]

I'm not positive about this, but it seems to me this bug came back when Chris made the recent changes to what buffs could be stacked for additional benefit and which ones no longer stacked for added benefit .

I stand ready to try/test anything you'd like me to........

5. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

I have this regularly, i.e., pretty much every time I fight now. Among other things I use strength of earth (100), inner strength (100) and shield of crystal (100). I'm not sure of the specific cause, however, I've found that I can resolve the issue by dismissing all buffs and re-buffing. However, you have to do this before the health point bleed gets lower than your normal health level. For example,

Normal health = 600
    Buffed health = 800
    Max healable health after health loss bleed has kicked in and has being occurring for a bit = 625/800. You need to dismiss and rebuff now before it drops below 600 (your normal un-buffed health)

I know it's not a fix, but it may save you the need to leave the scene.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I found another spell that is definitely bugged and it is Shield of Crystal

my other normal buffs were gone and i casted it in combat and it does increase my max health but not my actual health i was unable to heal up to it my active max health health stayed at its normal 545 with sun up modifier and it showed 545 of 600

a second time i casted it with health about 50/539 (my health with sun down) and it increased my max health again but i got no actually health again and i died here with a hit of 49 dmg... 40k XP gone (1-2 hours playtime for me)

CatherineRose and FrostII like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ain't this playtime wasting death xp penalty just the most fun thing !

bdonham and CatherineRose like this.
  8. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Nasty bug...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    FrostII likes this.
  9. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Accidentally posted this in the feedback forum, realized it and deleted it and posted it here, seems others have been seeing this too.

I have notice that hunting for a while in Deep Ravenswood today my health did not return to maximums at one point it was stuck at 411 of 600+, I had seen it releases ago, but noticed it today when I spent a few hours there, the place it would be stuck seemed to move around after battles with Skeletons and Liches. It does not seem to happen all the time. I had Bear Surprise, and Dragon Stew for food, Blessing of Love and blessing of Courage. Also had Air's Embrace, Strength of Earth, Enlightenment and Celestial Blessing, sometimes had Shield Crystal running. It has not always happened but was happening this run, when I exited the area it returned to normal. I also had elementals out.

Running win 10 64 bit shroud version 64.716 on a 8 core Intel extreme processor and 1080 TI graphics card. 64 GB ram.

Tried looking to see if others had this problem but did not find it in forum. Nobles channel a couple people said they had recently seen it, but intermittently. Sorry I know intermittent bugs are the worst. Spent lots of time trying to track them down in my working life.

FrostII and CatherineRose like this.
  10. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Ya know.... I didn't think of this until now but I wonder if there is a difference between what is shown in the health bar, and what is shown in the character sheet.

There is another bug with defensive buffs where they do not match.

Also worth mentioning again... Reloading the CLIENT will clear the bug.

Is there possibly something like the information going to the status bar is coming from the client whereas the info in the character sheet comes from the server?

Since it only shows up after some period of time, could it possibly be connected to "memory leaks"?

Grasping at straws here... I know :(

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    FrostII likes this.
  11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

A related issue is that I see other avatars' HP as fractions, as well. My guess is I'm seeing their base HP's over their base HP's plus HP's added with all of their buffs.

12. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have never seen a difference between what is in he health bar and on the character paper doll, mine have matched exactly even when current health was suck below the maximum. Doesn't mean someone else has not encountered this problem.

Waldo Ptolomy

FrostII and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  13. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So I'm trying in the day time (sun is out, I have all sun skills) in an adventure scene, no armor or buffs on, using tap soul to get below 100 HP...no matter whether I regen in combat (very slow by nature) or out of combat, I fully regen to the max health 651/651. I let it become night, then day again. No change after staying in the same scene for awhile, then I move around into different scenes.

Once our dev build hits the QA server I'm going to ask our bug brigade to help us with testing this further - just to see if we do truly already have this fixed internally.
    Great info guys, all of you. Sometimes it's all in the details. I did have one more question:

In your repro steps (this goes for everyone who posted, thank you) I'd like to know whether you tend to get out of combat immediately after killing mobs or if you tend to stay in combat while you walk around looking for mobs to kill. The regen rate is different for each and I'm wondering if this is a factor that I did not previously consider.

We got some amazing details so far. Thank you all for your help with this. I'll keep checking for this during my playtimes as well as testing environments do not reveal everything, as we all know :)

FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  14. Lexie

Oh, one more thing for everyone...I want to make sure my UI is set up the same way.
    If folks can post screenshots of their interface settings (assuming they are not 100% default). @FrostII mentions the error can possibly appear client side when raising the question: "Why on earth would my health bar be correct for them and not for me ?" That may explain why I can't see it.

Aldo and Mac2 like this.
  15. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie welcome back form a hopefully relaxing, refreshing and restful holiday

I normally stay in Combat-Mode till i get down to 200 or less health
    and here are my UI - Setups#
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Hi @Lexie the times that I can remember I was just staying in combat mode.

I can't post a screenshot atm but if you watch the video I posted earlier, you can see it.

I've also cleared the bug by relaunching the client.

17. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have been In and out of combat when it is stuck, and it still does not restore, even casting healing spells of various types, or having a water elemental heal me. I usually get out of combat between mobs, and that is when I notice it. It seems very intermittent last time I was hunting in Deep Ravenswood it did not happen spent quite a bit of time there till I filled up and headed back to Brittany Estates. It was fixed when I went to the overland map, but I did not go back to fight enemies after that . I have seen it in daylight and at night, I have most of the stuff in the magic trees except Chaos. Missing Moon Eater Undead mastery and Mummified Undead and the summon lich.

Waldo Ptolomy

FrostII likes this.
  18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I leave combat mode in order to recover HP's and FP's as quickly as possible.

Bonus UI bug: I used F9 to make sure the source screen shots were as clean as possible. I could not control the scroll bar of the Options window. I did not check to see if I could modify the check boxes. Presumably the Options window ought to disappear with F9, but it stays on screen. Hitting F9 again, bringing back all the other UI elements, made the Options window active again.

[​IMG]

19. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

If im not mistaken this bug showed up after the "heal after 5 seconds" was implemented so is it possible this could be the issue ? Just got hit by this bug again and its really unpleasant.....

Rentier likes this.
  20. Lexie

@Traveller13
    Thanks for posting that. I turned off large chat bubbles on mine to make sure our settings matched. I tried again through the various ways posted and I'm still going back to max/max on health. I tried reloading scenes and various other ways through playtesting. I'm still keeping an eye out for this to happen on both a dev and non-dev account. Since it is intermittent, I keep on trying every combination I read about or can even think of, but I'm still at zero repro rates since the last health bar fix was implemented.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.