Search a Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disglin, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disglin

Disglin Avatar

hi guys,
    i am new in this game and i want to ask if you could give me a little guide.
    I played 1h and in this hour in didn't get a few things.

How do I recognize what is can be mined?
    Which trees can I cut?
    Which cities are walkable? (Only find cities where the land is flat and no houses)

And if you know a few other things that could help me pls tell me :)
    Want to play the game in the next few days with my boyfriend and my dad so a little introduction would be nice ^^

Thank you!

Disglin

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Crumpets

Crumpets Avatar

Welcome to SoTA Disglin!
    1. Look on the side of rough rocky areas for patches of ore. The ores have different colors. Some are streaked and slightly metallic looking. Mines also have ore. Owls Nest is probably the easiest for lower level players when you are ready to try a mine.
    2. The trees you are looking for look like a dead fir or pine tree - kind of a rusty brown color.
    3. Player Owned Towns may or may not currently have homes with people living in them. Those with houses will show houses on the map and if someone is there you will also see smoke from the chimney of the house. The large cities like Adoris, Aerie, Owl's Head, etc. are not player owned and are peopled with NPCs. The other small towns in game are player run towns - small groups of houses (not the white ones) and you may or may not find people there but there are NPCs within.
    Hope that helps.

3. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

First off, welcome @Disglin

Secondly, bear in mind that SotA is not yet in alpha status. Don't let the fact it is persistent (not to be wiped) fool you... it is not yet balanced and not yet completed/ fleshed out. This is clearly stated at time of purchase and when logging in, but it bears repeating. That said, there is plenty to learn, do and enjoy.

Check out the below link. It sends you to a new player sub forum where you will find "stickied" threads which can help get you familiar with the different functions of the game.

Best wishes to you and your family as you explore the game.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/new-player-welcome.611/

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I recomemd to ask a Hospitaller ingame to help you out!
    Watch for someone who has the title Hospitaller.
    If you dont see names, press N.
    To get to the mentioned Owls Nest Mine.
    Go far West from Soltown and search for the way between the Mountains. On the Other Side Walk North, cross the Desert and have the vulcan left of you. At Kiln, cross the River and go further North where you reach Britanny. The Ship there brings you to the Isle Hidden Vale. From Kingsport you need to go North to find Owls Nest Mine.
    But maybe stay some time around Soltown and Ardoris and try to find a Hospitaller who guides you for the first Steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.