Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

... was slain by a timber wolf in Tier2 scene ... - why wasn't auto attacking working?

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Paladin Michael, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

4/13/2018 12:09 AM
    Title: Auto attack seems not to work all the time
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? well, loosing a lot of XP for nothing :(
    Details: I was inside game. Exactly at the entrance of the Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine. I changed to the forum web site and read some threads and wrote one. Meanwhile I "forgot", that I was in game.
    As I came back and checked my XP pool I lost >60.000.
    What happened? I opened the chatlog and found the answer: a timber wolf was attacking -and slaying me- well. Why didn't the auto attack work properly? I had this situation a few times before and wondered about ... (but it happened in Tier 5 scenes).

Beside this, keep in mind:
    Whiteguard Foothills is a TIER 2(!) scene and I am Adv.lvl. 92, 550 Health, 690 Focus, wearing a shield ...

Adding the shown damage in Chatwindow gave a sum of appr. 150.

Could chat window information be incomplete?
    May be I misunderstood the auto attack function @Chris?

Steps to Reproduce: Stay at an entrance in a scene and do some stuff outside the game (reading/writing in forum) ;) Wait until something is attacking you. Or until you go back and see a huge XP loss, telling, something killed you!

EDIT: today I just waited for a timber wolf. Auto attack didn't work! I toggled it off and on - nothing happened. I watched the timber wolf attacking over a few minutes! He couldn't slay me. It's mysterious ... Please have an eye on it, @Chris.

I died a lot of times in the past because of this: take a position at an entrance, while going out for a few minutes. Coming back I was exitus - and lost XP :( Now I know it wasn't because of hard enemies, the auto attack won't work properly, may be there is another reason?

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Hills03_01
    Area Display Name: Whiteguard Foothills
    Loc: (195.2, 58.0, -139.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwM18wMXx8KDE5NS4yMjMsIDU3Ljk3NywgLTEzOS4yNzgpfCgwLCAtMC42ODUsIDAsIDAuNzI4KXwtOTcuNzM5MDV8MTYuODQwMzV8Ny43MDgyMDQ=

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

For me auto attack can be a bit picky depending how you engage or if you get stunned or knocked back.

Once I got used to it I was done OK, as long as I saw that my dude was swinging his iron ⚔ at the scumbags.

If he isn't, just dbl click the mob your after and swing away.

3. golruul

golruul Avatar

Not sure if this applies in your case, but if my target is a distant archer and there's some melee mobs beating up on me, I won't (melee) autoattack the melee mobs until my target dies or I manually retarget the melee mobs.

Pretty annoying.

4. Paladin Michael

Couldn't double click, because I had no eye on game, otherwise I wouldn't have died ;)

No archer around - only the timber wolf ;)

5. golruul

golruul Avatar

My point was that hard targeting something else will result in you not being able to autoattack the wolf.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. Paladin Michael

Ah, thank you, I got it! :) It even would be worse if this prevents auto attack :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.