Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

a bug or im confused?

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Windmane, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windmane

Windmane Avatar

I waited until after the update was done and crafted up a backpack +1 (+50 durability), came with no stats on it when crafted.
    I then mastercrafted it and it gave me an option of +2 strength/ 10% damage resistance or 15% damage resistance, so i picked the 15% damage resistance then i had my partner enchant it on his toon and he added +2 strength.
    So the backpack when equipped should increase damage resistance by 15% but doesn't it isn't adding the damage resistance at all. the +2 strength is working though.

So my thing is if certain stats aren't meant for that type of item why are they given as an option in the mastercraft and enchant section for it?
    Example: Backpacks (Strength & Carry Capacity) but it offers damage resistance instead of carry capacity in the options.
    seems like i got given 2 cloak stat options for my backpack when i was mastercrafting it?

Quoted below is what was put in the release 62 of Shroud of the Avatar goes live this Thursday, January 31, at 10:30 AM US Central Time (15:30 UTC).

"Back Slot Items Patterns, Enchanting & Masterworking: Previously, the only back slot item that had any stats associated with it was the Shroud of the Avatar item. Now all back slot items can be Masterworked and Enchanted. They also now use the Patterns system. There are four basic types of back slot items: Backpacks (Strength & Carry Capacity), Cloaks (Defense & Attack Speed), Wings (Dexterity & Move Rate) and Quivers (Dexterity & Ammo Recovery)."

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

It seems that the back slot items are giving (almost) all the items in the original option pool for cloth/leather masterworks.
    The intelligence masterwork is conspicuously missing from cloth masterworked items, for example, but the resist/focus/etc. stuff is there.

The problem with the resist % is that backpacks have no real resist to speak of, so 15% of 1 resist isn't enough to get past the rounding so it wont display any benefit.

There's a pool of a dozen or so choices, the backpacks DO have a major/minor "encumberence" bonus that at grandmaster add about 8% and 12% - you could put both of these on for a decent encumberence boost.

Windmane and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  3. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Damage resist is generally a fairly useless stat on back slot items and other naturally low resist items. It increases only 'that items' resist by that percent not your total/combined resistance of all items. So 1(1.15) = 1.15 resist instead of 1...... Honestly outside of Plate or Chain chest/legs/shield (or any items that has a naturally high resist already) it's not a great option tbh. The only reason it's ever good/worth it is if you're using defensive stance with naturally high resist armor already.
    EX: just going to make up some numbers here:

- Plate Armor piece with 6 natural resist with +40% resistance for being meteoric, +15% dmg resist masterwork, +25% dmg resist masterwork = +80% overall.
    6(1.80) = 10.8
    - Now lets add 225% resist bonus for defensive stance.
    10.8(2.25) = 24.3
    vs plain/unmodified resist-
    6(2.25) = 13.5
    - Huge difference there of 10.8 more resist using same armor slot piece with resist Masterworks and defensive stance vs non modified resist.

- Back slot withe 1 natural resist (no material bonus) with +15% dmg resist masterwork and +25% dmg resist masterwork = +40% resist
    1(1.40) = 1.4
    1.4(2.25) = 3.15
    vs plain/unmodified resist-
    1(2.25) = 2.25
    - Marginal difference of 0.9 more resist using same armor slot piece with resist Masterworks and defensive stance vs non modified resist.

So unless the rest of the stats are throw aways anyway, you're really not gaining much with this one unless you're a pure tank trying to min/max your resist for AOE dungeon pulls or something.

Windmane and Dhanas like this.
  4. Windmane

Windmane Avatar

Thank you, that helps alot with understanding that.
    1 other question is it the same for other stats like for example i made a boot, legs , chest or glove and it came out with 0.8% weapon damage
    would that mean that the weapon damage isn't really working as it's on a piece of armor and not on a weapon?

Thank you in advance

5. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

For Weapon damage it's cumulative and does apply to your weapon. It's just Damage resist that's specific to each piece.
    I'm pretty sure % weapon damage is post calculated so will effect your final damage directly. The weapon only enchant that adds flat 0.4 damage effects pre-calculated base damage. Determining which is better in that case, depends on your gear/build.
    EX: Daggers may benefits much more from 0.4 bonus damage whereas a two-handed sword may benefit more a % bonus. Or a meteoric dagger may benefit more from % bonus and a Bronze may benefit from flat damage bonus. Lots of variables though so hard to say which is better in each instance.

Windmane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.