Any new UI plans in the future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junkmerchant, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

Been looking through the roadmap but I have not seen any plans on creating a better UI for this game. To me, and this is just my opinion, the game could use a much better UI for usability as well as looks. One of the things that is stopping me from playing this game for long periods of time is the UI. Compared to other game UI's it seems this one is lacking in many areas.

I do live with it though and I do like this game very much but was just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Junk

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. The One True Nobody

The One True Nobody Avatar

I can agree with that. What's there could use some sprucing up and I think the chat/log window could do with a fixer-upper in general. I'd also like it if dialogue sessions could have their own, somewhat stylized window that only appears DURING conversations. When you're reading RPG dialogue for hours on end, having nice dialogue boxes to look at as opposed to cluttered log windows can be a big help at warding off fatigue (and eye strain, as the case may be).

I also still think gamepad support would help this game immensely, since it's not the sort of game where you have 9,001 hotkeys and macros assigned at any one time. But that's just an accessibility question, really.

3. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

I can agree with you on conversation dialog as well. Personally I would like to have an option that will turn off the camera so it doesn't zoom you in face to face with the NPC your speaking with as for me that can get annoying and sometimes it positions you so that you looking through your own skull.

Junk

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There is an option to disable this.

As far as general UI, think Scottie mentioned during the Telethon that he would be working on UI stuff, or possibly already was.

5. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The game is not done. Expect UI changes in the future.

7. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

Thank you for the response and I appreciate and expect more UI changes. Can we please get them on the roadmap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.