Cloned Towns - Requests of what to Keep During "Remodeling"

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by zyxe, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Hi everyone!

I was just having a nice conversation with some avatars in the R32 Land Rush status thread and there's some uncertainty about what will happen with some of the cloned NPC towns and how they might be modified.

On the one hand, it's great that more towns will be receiving customization to make them feel unique and give players an atmospheric experience for whatever story brings them to the town; on the other hand, potential changes can have a negative affect on lots that were chosen before changes occurred, and that is causing some level of stress (to me at least!).

While I in no way demanding that scene developers listen to those of us who live in these currently cloned towns, I think it might be helpful to list what we love about our towns so that maybe these things can be in the developers' minds as they change the towns if at all possible, as having good communication between us and the developers will only strengthen the community as a whole. Obviously, these NPC towns may have some kind of story associated with them so themes may already be set in the dev's minds, but I figure there's no harm in politely asking for what we'd love!

My suggestion is to input the following information, as applicable to your lot choice and what you love about it:

1. Town name
    2. Lot location (if you're willing to share, type /loc in your chat screen to have your location copied to your clipboard!)
    3. What do you like most about your lot location? (i.e. near the entrance, by water, good view, etc.)
    4. What features do you like most about the areas surrounding your lot, or the town itself? (i.e. foliage, water features, overall atmosphere, types of NPC shops, crafting pavilion, etc.)
    5. What would make you really sad to have changed? (i.e. music, rotating your lot, walls or barriers put up, entrance location, etc.)
    6. What kinds of changes would you actually love? (i.e. more unique music, interesting barkeep, different NPC stores, etc.)
    Thoughts, anyone? I'll post my own wishlist when I make it back to my hometown of Point West later on tonight :)

Mykll and Baalice like this.
  2. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

• Town name: Harvest
    • Lot location: Area: Harvest (Novia_R8_City_Harvest) Loc: (-216.2, 42.2, -299.7)
    • What do you like most about your lot location? It's on an island on a lake disconnected entirely from the mainland (get to it by boat on map, no bridge).
    • What features do you like most about the areas surrounding your lot, or the town itself? The water; definitely picked it to be on the water but not in a water lot. Nearby waterfall is awesome, too.
    • What would make you really sad to have changed? If they drained the lake! :p Please don't take my water; I'm loving my island lot! That's about it.
    • What kinds of changes would you actually love? Considering the name of the town is Harvest and my favorite season is Autumn/Fall, any type of scenery that evokes the time of year (multi-colored leaves, falling leaves or leaves on the ground, etc.).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Brent Sasz, Mykll and zyxe like this.
  3. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

1. Town name: Point West
    2. Lot location: Area
      • Point West (Novia_R8_City_PointWest) Loc: (-134.4, 38.2, -367.9)
    3. What do you like most about your lot location?
      • Right by the entrance and water, amazing view
    4. What features do you like most about the areas surrounding your lot, or the town itself?
      • I like the town's layout, but I really like the topography and water features. Very pretty overall, nice work, designer(s)!
    5. What would make you really sad to have changed?
      • Putting in a bunch of hills like other templates somewhat similar to this one, the flatter terrain makes it super easy to get around and looks prettier. I also would be sad if it were put too much into a desert theme, I was worried about that because Point West looks like it's on the beach, but when you enter it's a nice light foresty place.
      • Removal of the water by my home
      • Changing of the main entrance, my lot placement is perfect the way things are!
    6. What kinds of changes would you actually love?
      • I'd love some more flowers, maybe a slight change in foliage but hopefully not desert foliage
      • I wouldn't mind unique music, but I personally don't like the theme of Spite even though I appreciated how customized that place is.
    While I am a bit apprehensive with the possibility of changes, I look forward to seeing what's in store for Point West in the future.

Below are some screens of what I love most.

View from tower:
    [​IMG]

View from home to the main entrance!
    [​IMG]

Mykll and Baalice like this.
  4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

1. Town name: Harvest
    2. Lot location: See below picture.
    3. What do you like most about your lot location?:
      1. Village Water Lot: Great water view, kinda of off in a corner to myself. The hills kind of surround my cabana sort of giving it natural privacy type living. Tucked away in a little hole. See below screenshots.
      2. Town Lot: Close to Water lot. The one right behind me has long been taken. See below screenshots.
    4. What features do you like most about the areas surrounding your lot, or the town itself?: Country water atmosphere. It is currently not filled up with a huge number of lots packed tightly together (Pick any Britt). Or filled up with a lot of city buildings found elsewhere.
    5. What would make you really sad to have changed?: The hills surrounding the Water Lot removed, thus opening me up out of my little "tucked away corner". Even areas away from my lots, I would be greatly sad to see the mini river, lake, island, waterfalls, removed. Removing my clear view of the water, which, due to what is around me, Portalarium would have to try REALLY hard to ruin my unobstructed view there. See below screenshots.
    6. What kinds of changes would you actually love?: A more fall-like atmosphere.
    My two lots circled.
    [​IMG]

Town Lot marker.
    [​IMG]

Village Water Lot market.
    [​IMG]

Village Water Cabana tucked away partly hidden coming from the middle of town. Yes, a lighthouse moved in. Lighthouses have a bad reputation but what can ya do. At least it is just one, for now.
    [​IMG]

Clear water view from the little hill right next to my Cabana.
    [​IMG]

Hill going up to the keep up the hill and my Town lot. I see nature. I don't see (yeah, you can barely) neighbor housing.
    [​IMG]

View from Cabana towards town. Can see the lighthouse (yeah too bad, little nicer view before, but again, we are not littered with them for now) and the town lot right behind me, but is a little bit away, and nature foliage even breaks the view. Harvest, I expect nature, hills, trees, foliage, to break in between the houses, especially where my Cabana spot is.
    [​IMG]

zyxe and Baalice like this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

• Town name: Storms Reach
    • Lot location: center of town, next to town crier
    • What do you like most about your lot location? centrality, near NPCs, near crafting pavillion (though crafting in my yard is better), basically I purposely chose this spot way ahead of the land rush as I felt I had the best chance at a front row seat to the town center here (among other reasons, like small-aquatic-village feeling). Being in the first street next to town center is the primary reason for my placement there.
    • What features do you like most about the areas surrounding your lot, or the town itself? Island feel, being near a shore, having diverse terrain like steep rocks but also open flat places near shoreline. Docs. Areas far enough from water that you could be convinced its not an oceanic scene. Areas right near da beach, oieee! Trees, lots and lots of trees - though wish they were tropical ;).
    • What would make you really sad to have changed? being on the first street connected to town center. being near the shoreline. being near trees. the biome changing to something cold would make me sad.
    • What kinds of changes would you actually love? quests, low level but resource bearing mob spawn in the scene (like a wolf or two in the distant forest, maybe an occasional skeleton). NPC content, and more NPCs. Tropical island theme! Palm trees instead of deciduous, etc. Jungle island, really.

zyxe, Mykll and Baalice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.