How to craft potions?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Iggy, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iggy

Iggy Avatar

I've been building up my alchemy skills today and decided to craft some potions, specifically the greater potion of health, greater potion of focus, and potion of restoration. I tried to make them using the recipes off the wiki site, but the craft button doesn't light up and I can't seem to figure out how to make any. I'm at alchemy level 51 and have the exact number of ingredients. I can make them from combining 3 lesser potions, but not from scratch. Just wanted to make a post here to see what I'm doing wrong.

2. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

Unlike the 3-potion recipe, the recipe for the greater potion of health from 'scratch' is not re-teachable. As such it's also not discoverable.
    You'll need to get hold of the recipe (by NPC vendor, player vendor, drop or public chest) to be able to make it.

The public chest at the Diamond Fields crafting building, for instance, holds tons of similar recipes. Available for free.

majoria70 likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Have you learned the recipe? If the recipe shows as re-teachable you can craft it without buying the recipe, otherwise, you need to buy it from an NPC alchemist or loot it from an enemy. The normal potion one should be buyable from a vendor though.

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That recipe is only available via loot drop, so you either have to find it or get it from another player.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Iggy
    If you will be on around 11 pm UTC then I can give you the greater health and focus recipes.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When reading recipes on the wiki, you may need to know some basic facts about recipes:

Recipes that say they are Re-Teachable CAN be learned, if you follow the recipe. The Potion Of Focus, Greater is Not Teachable, meaning you will need to find the recipe.

Recipes that are Teachable, can either be purchased or be taught to you by others players.

Most all of the locations where recipes can be bought, is pretty much up to date on the wiki. If a recipe doesn’t show a NPC where you can purchase it, then you will need to find them in rare drops from Supply Bundles, or purchase them from other players.

8. Iggy

Iggy Avatar

Thanks everybody. Didn't see it for sale at the NPC alchemist so I assumed (incorrectly) that it was like most of the other items I've been crafting so far. Really helped to clear things up. Not sure if I can be on tonight though (depends on work). My character is Maxina Messier in the game.

9. Ravenscar

Ravenscar Avatar

I send you a few.

Edit: Sent 27 potion recipes. Your level might be to low for some.

Spoon and Barugon like this.
  10. Iggy

Iggy Avatar

Wow! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Also, thanks as well to everyone else for the offers. Good community here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.