Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Instrument note delay

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Black Knight, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

Didn't want to put this in as a "bug", so it goes into feedback.

When I play an insturment "manually" with the keyboard, the notes are delayed.
    Do not know if this is due a server roundtrip between each keystroke or a lag in the sound system.
    I makes playing melodies on an instrument next to impossible.

I may be the only person who likes to actually play the instruments rather than selecting some sheet music or ABC file - but I do find it adds to my fun playing the game, that I can actually pick up an instrument and fiddle around on it (pun intended)

I get that the information needs to go to the server, so that other people can hear your playing, but it would be nice if local playback was instant, then buffered and sent to the server for others to enjoy (other players enjoyment greatly depends on your ability to play ofc.)

2. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I also noticed alot of stuttering. I mean these are basically mid files aren't they? What's going on?

3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Yeah, it's the same thing in any game with a music system like this. I gave up trying I actually play it. Especially since trying to play a keyboard like a musical instrument isn't exactly intuitive and the ABC files will always sound better.

And no one knows you're really playing haha.

Some of the musicians in the community get into making the ABC file arrangements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.