Lost Vale Expiration Mechanics

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Currently, if the Lost Vale window is closed, you're unable to re-enter the Lost Vale (even if your party is still in the scene). I get why, but think the mechanic could be improved

I bring this up because we had a few members of our party (including myself) crash after the window closed, thus we (the crashers) weren't able to get back in to turn in our completed quests despite having our party inside. A bummer having to wait for the next window to get our orbs.

Here's a couple suggestion to make this better (in my opinion).

1. If your party is still in the Vale, you should be able to re-enter the Vale (despite the gate closing). We're teleporting to friends after all.

2. After the gate window closes, give everybody a determined amount of time (like an hour?) and then kick everybody from the Vale to remove campers.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I think this'll make the Vale experience a little less frustrating when tech issues occur. :)

Armeleon Vesaz likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

This has been a frequent complaint since the inception of the Lost Vale. Many of us have crashed when the portal was closed and have been locked out until the next opening.

Some have even had the joyous occasion of being kicked out due to patches (forced scene closings) after the gate was closed.

I've even had a few instances where I was changing from Open mode to Party mode (due to crowding) as the gates were closing and got sent back to the world map. I wasn't trying to leave or go somewhere else... just wanted to change game modes and it kicked me out. :eek:

In cases of disconnection or game mode change of any type, there should be at least a 15 minute grace period to allow people to re-enter if they were last logged into the Vale when the disconnection occurred. If they recall, teleport out, or start on world map... the grace period should not allow re-entry because that would suggest the player chose to leave the scene.

I don't see any reason to limit people from "camping" once inside though. The Lost Vale is a fun place to play and has 3 cool areas to adventure in. It would be a shame to force people to leave just because they've been in there a while. If that was an issue, they'd have to do this for other scenes like UT and The Rise too.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

The problem with that is that it makes it so as long as one person is camping inside the vale, people can continously access the vale.

I for one would like to see us get a golden pocketwatch, like the one we had in U5, and that way Outlanders can be on time....

Thexedor Markhamm likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

This, just get a mystical mist settle in the scene and kick everyone out after some time so no one is camping.

Thexedor Markhamm likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A two minute grace period would be nice, for up to half an hour after it closes.

We were going for the crystal ball (I don't get out to adventure much due to the slow nature of stocking vendors and buy orders eating most of my time, so this was a big deal) and I died and was rezzed at the end of the Cabalist fight. Upon rez, I couldn't use my keyboard, that old nasty bug of doom. Alt-Tab didn't fix it. I logged and quickly tried to start back in the Vale, but was out. Bummer for me and the people who I was partied with.

Also, side note. The Lost Vale doorway on the world map should be bigger. It looks like a door for people holding the creepy dollie.

Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

Have you seen how big are houses in towns on overland?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.