Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Prismatic Fire Misquito Follow up and confirmation on concerns . . .

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...more-boost-to-overpowered.110051/#post-945410

As in this thread which is locked because people where just massively abusing it so take this one for what it is, information and an opinion. Make your comments, but no need to debate about it.;)

I went to QA and spent HOURS:rolleyes: and over 1 million exp to train the Taming Specialization to 75. HOURS and ALOT of exp.o_O

So the Specialization is under the Skill; Combat Training - which is required at 80 (if you take it above you are just plain fooling yourself it is a WASTE OF TIME / EFFORT, I have it GMed:confused:). That skill is supposed to affect a "Tame Level Bonus" not one clue what that means but it has done NOTHING to my pet while it was tamed. So a compltly useless skill.:eek: Now if you get the specialization and take it to 75 my FRS is now 871 HPs from 460. So my pet will last longer and might hit harder.o_O I am not going to waste any more time in QA sorry not worth it.:(

BTW at 70 the gains from the Specialization have pretty much flattened out;) compared to the benefit.o_O So this is another skill not even worth taking above 60 or 70 - unless of course oyu have billions of exp to move around:confused:

In the end they have done nothing:eek: at all to actually fix am entire skill tree :oops:and make it worth what is put into it. They have just slapped lipstick on it and said . . . . . . .;)

600+ skill levels MILLIONS of exp (hours) already spent means nothing.:(

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-taming-what-is-it-going-to-look-like.108285/

So if you go back all my concerns / ideas:cool: are just wasted since they have done NOTHING to work the skills and just added another exp sink which does what one of the skills should actually do.

Players who have amassed massive amounts of Exp will in the first few weeks, willy, nilly, flip / flop stuff around and test things out and prove my point.:confused: I will wager 50 PFS Larva that some will do it in QA and when live you will see it abused:mad:

I tried to go and test it against looking at a Ice Elemental with water magic specialization on and raised but did not have the skill to activate it nor the exp nor resources to test anything affectively on QA :mad:

So all my efforts and testing have proven my concerns to the "T"o_O sadly many players and the development team accept this:rolleyes:. These same concerns apply to other skill trees as they are not going to achieve what they think:eek:, and it will only really show after it hits live and released in less than a month.:(

2. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Keep testing, it doesn't flatten out at 70. I took it to 116 and my spider has over 1200 hp. He's still not that tough but he's an option now. Taming is really fun with Earth and Moon masteries but Healing mastery really let the pet do so much better.

Taming could use a bit more, but I'm hoping in time we will get buffs that can go on our gear that will boost our pets...then they should be doing well enough. For now Taming is fun and that's why I play a game, to have fun. Is it the strongest mastery? No, not even close, but it's usable and fun! :)

*Edit* I went and tested some of the pets again, fero red spider has a lil over 1200 hp, obsidian bear has a hair over 1300 hp (even though he's a lower level) darkstar corp has 1545 hp

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

On a side note Corpion's dance is ready for the parties, but the bear's dance will win dance contests!

Bow Vale likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Weins201

Just a tip. In the QA and soon in game there is the obsidian potion (guidance?) that applies your XP pool to skills at a much higher rate. That would save you some hours.

Check the preliminary release notes for details.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Elwyn and Paladin Michael like this.
  5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Well for anyone that want's to play a tamer, the game just got much better, as a matter of opinion I feel the entire game just took a huge leap forward with masteries or whatever they are called now.

Applerust likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I did not find on in my bag/invt/bank . . . I was not about to wander the world to find a vendor. TY but this also leads to the fact that the "power gamer" just get over again

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

game better for tamers sure - but did not address or fix anything already broken, as I said just slapped lipstick on it . . .

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Combat training at 121 dropped it to 100 to test its effectivness based on wiens concerns. I could not tell any difference from 121 to 100 (3 level swing), i expect combat training is a wasted skill above 80 (to unlock the mastery).

Focus drain on the highend pets is too high and makes a plate tamer nearly impossible.

With all the above in the negative category, im still pretty happy with this change mid level pets are more viable now and cloth tamers can use the big guns.

@Chris

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Duke Gréagóir and Weins201 like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

OH YEAH FORGOT ABOUT THE FOCUS REDUCTION THAT IS NOT AFFECTED AT ALL EITHER,

TY

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you both for your findings.

I am hoping the masteries is going to make our pets really nice again. I am willing to invest 116 levels or more to make it so in the taming mastery. Right now my max is 100 in any one skill.

11. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

No passives in any tress are affected by masteries, sadly other than summon, heal and res, all of out skills are passives.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Again why are players thinking that Specialization is the fix for the taming tree it is not?

13. Duke Gréagóir

Maybe we know it is the only hope we have left to try to make taming useable as there is no way the taming tree will be overhauled as it is a very small used tree in the dev’a priority list. If it was higher priority it would of been changed already.

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

wrong since there is plenty of tamer here as seen in the posts, it is just that you have given up on trying to get a taming skill that is actually viable. If player would stop saying that specialization is the answer and tell the developers to get it in gear and fix an entire skill tree that is pointless, they might get to work on it. BTW I know there are player out there who might think about taming as a way to play this game and what we have now will not entice them.

15. Duke Gréagóir

Just tired of asking for a better system 4 years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.