Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Kill xp not awarded directly for bow skills, no double XP

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by HuntedHunt, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

6/1/2018 12:05 AM
    Title: Sometimes, XP is awarded at next action (looting) instead of at killing blow.
    Reproduction Rate:50% for me during normal gameplay as I alternate free attack and skills
    Blocker? No
    Details:When this happens, no xp is gained for the killing blow, but singular (non-double) xp is awarded for looting or killing the next mob. This has been happening frequently since R54 for me, both in group and now solo. Seemed to be that charged free attack worked but bow skills didn't, but results later are varying.
    Edit: Same bug for polearms, may be in general.

Edit: And now I'm getting the opposite... double xp for a skill kill and single for attack. Seems my 10+ tests last night were just coincidence, but it's still happening pretty much every other mob just not sure the cause.

Steps to Reproduce:Kill enemies one at a time with panel open to track XP gain. Note no gain on kill, but instead half-gain on loot sometimes.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16342
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6103
    SotA.Win.64.783.Date.05.31.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-110.1, -14.9, -165.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC0xMTAuMTE5LCAtMTQuOTA1LCAtMTY1LjIpfCgwLCAwLjU1NywgMCwgMC44Myl8NzkyLjc5MTR8MjEuMjg4OTZ8MTg=

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

Issue still present in 788
    Took about 5 mobs before one had the bug this morning, but now it's back to every other mob or more.

Issue was the same when in a group (the same mobs bugged their XP award for both of us at the same time - One of us opening the loot window of a bugged mob would award the non-doubled xp to both of us)

Also checked if I get zero xp for a mob kill and relog without looting it, I get zero xp for looting it (and it's floating name drops the 'Corpse' keyword after relog) and my adventure pool hasn't changed from pre-kill, so it's not just a UI updating issue.

Very easy to notice with all skills locked and watching the adventure xp pool each time you land a killing blow. Sometimes 2x xp, sometimes 0. For the 0 ones, 1x xp gained on looting.

More edit: Seems to be mob specific - Undead (ghosts, skeletons) have the issue still in 789, but I couldn't reproduce it with satyrs/wolves etc.

(Also can't edit the title, but it's not specific to bows, that's just what I first noticed it with)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@HuntedHunt
    In your reply you mention it is the undead. Skeletons have the ability to rez other undead, and to prevent players from getting the kill credit twice those mobs reward XP upon loot, not on kill. I believe that is what you are seeing.
    However I"m unable to repro the no double xp - from the current event that is happening. I'm seeing double. If you have the exact mob name that isn't giving you credit we'll review again.

4. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

@Lexie
    It might be the other way around then and granting too much when it grants it on kill? The undead that grant XP on kill are definitely giving me exactly twice the amount of xp than the XP gained from looting identical name ones that grant XP on loot.

The same name enemies give different results. For a specific example; 'Zombie' in the updated random encounter gives me 920XP if it grants it immediately on killing blow and 460 if granted on loot.

Area: Plains Road Encounter (RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/Undead) Loc: (28.5, 34.7, -46.0) DBG: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAxX1JvYWR8VW5kZWFkfCgyOC40OTksIDM0LjcxMiwgLTQ1Ljk5Mil8KDAsIDAuMjQyLCAwLCAwLjk3KXwyOC4zMTIzOHwyMi42Mjc3M3w1LjQyMTEwNA==

Edit: Another repro example with identical HP (499) Hardened Skeleton Footmen in Spectral Mines. One gave 4000 xp immediately, the next nothing on kill and 2000 on loot.
    Area: Spectral Mines (Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines) Loc: (-120.8, -14.9, -122.7) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC0xMjAuNzU3LCAtMTQuOTI0LCAtMTIyLjc0NCl8KDAsIC0wLjk3LCAwLCAtMC4yNDQpfDE1OTEuODQyfDEyLjM3MzE3fDIuMjc5MTUz

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. Lexie

huh. That is very weird!
    I tried to repro - I'm afraid I'm not getting the same results you are. I tried in the same locations.
    Is it possible that you have something set to de-level that is pulling more XP back into your inventory automatically? Perhaps when you get hit?
    Or is this a situation where you have every skill locked?

When I went to these locations, I got XP on kill in some situations. In others, I got it by looting. But I never got skill gains for both on the same mob. Very interesting.
    Thanks for your help....
    @HuntedHunt

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I've noticed sometimes there is a lag to when exp shows up in your skill window - maybe that's what you're seeing @HuntedHunt ?

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Could the delay until loot be caused by rend or other timed attacks still in play by that particular opponent?

8. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

@Lexie
    I never get both situations on the same mob instance, it's either on kill or on loot. The on kill XP gained is always exactly double the amount that is gained by looting that type of undead in the cases where it doesn't award it instantly.
    For the wave encounter in Upper Tears for example, the Elite skeletons either give 12k XP on kill, or 6k XP on loot. Which one happens is seemingly random, but chosen at the time of death since they're exclusive.

I reduced as many factors as I could in my initial testing on the Hardened Skeletons at Elysium Mines/Spectral Mines/Mysterious Swamp (4k if on kill, or 2k if on loot):
    No skills training or untraining (No XP change until the XP gets awarded for mob)
    Just using free attacks, I was getting XP on kill sometimes, XP on loot other times. It wasn't limited to one archetype (both observed with different individual mages/archers/footmen).
    I do use a water elemental, but I had it set to passive during those tests.
    No correlation to killing blow being a crit or not either.

Later got same either on kill or on loot for undead when using polearms, and when grouped (both of us either got it on kill, or on loot)

Either the on-loot xp is half of what it should be, or the on-kill xp is twice what it should be. I never checked what these mobs gave prior to the double XP weekend - I just noticed that these undead seemed to give decent XP for the challenge for me compared to other enemies, then noticed the disparity between the amount per individual undead mob based on when it gets awarded.

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i have a theory, since this only seems to apply to undead for you:

if there's an undead mage around that's capable of rezzing one of its fellows, the cursor for looting will stay blue for a possible rezzing period after you kill it. after that period has passed it turns green. you don't get the xp for the kill until you loot it if it's rezzable. perhaps this singular behavior is not accounted for in however they enabled double xp?

Jaesun and Lexie like this.
  10. Lexie

@HuntedHunt
    Tagging you so you see Alley's post - with double xp ending, let us know if you observe any changes?

11. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

The cursor color does match up, never noticed that before (Didn't even know undead could be resurrected until @Lexie pointed it out, since I've never witnessed it)

During double xp, ressable gave 6k on loot. Unressable gave 12k on kill.
    Now, after double XP ended, ressable give 3k on loot, unressable give 6k on kill.

This is the Elite skeletons in upper tears, which all appear to be the same level:
    Area: Upper Tears (Novia_R8_Hills02_01) Loc: (472.2, -72.9, -186.6) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDQ3Mi4yMzksIC03Mi45MzQsIC0xODYuNjIxKXwoMCwgMC45OTgsIDAsIC0wLjA1OSl8MTg3LjkzNDR8MjUuNDg1NjZ8MTEuMDk5MDM=

So both cases of XP gain did indeed get doubled for the double xp week, but one is still twice the other. Were half the undead giving 4x XP (and now 2X still) or are the other half giving half what they should?

Mishikal, Alley Oop and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.