Steam login (SOLVED) (SOLUCIONADO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Avezack, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avezack

Avezack Avatar

Hello good day

I wanted to do a little consultation, I'm playing SOTA with steam, but I'd like to start with the client of the game to avoid the big patches. The issue is that I do not have a user in my account of SOTA, always asks me to start with steam, is there a way to remedy this?

thank you.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If I am not mistaken, simply log in to the main website using the same account information. In your account information there should be a spot to link your steam to your account, which would then link them together and you will be good to log on with your account through the stand alone client.

Avezack, Barugon and Time Lord like this.
  3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Y0u need to link your steam account to your portalarium account via the account pages on the port website. Once you've done that you'll be able to download the stand alone installer and log into the game with your portalarium account details.

4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

This is the account tab after doing the link thing:

[​IMG]

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Good Move! :D
    [​IMG]

Avezack, FrostII, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

In case people misinterpreted your request, i’ll Add something to the op. I read your post as saying you are using steam right now to run the game and want to use Port’s client instead. If that’s the case, when you get to the screen where you log in, enter the same username and password you use to log into the forums. Don’t use the big button that says log in to steam.

If you want to use steam instead of the forum log in, first you need to associate your steam account with your port account as shown above. Then when you log in, instead of entering your forum user name and password, just click on the butt9n that says Log In Using Steam.

Avezack and Time Lord like this.
  7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

It works in reverse too - if you play on steam first and want to see the characters you created via steam when logging in using a port account login the two accounts need to be linked

8. Avezack

Avezack Avatar

This is the case, the problem is that I do not remember my account hahaha, I bought the pledge at the time of crowfunding, then when I started the game I decided to link the account to steam a long time ago and did not play again, and whenever I I went to see how the game was for short periods and I did it on my steam account. I currently have that window like this .....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Wish I hadn't linked it since i never use steam to play but such is life. So here is what you see if you click on the web page and then account. Then click on game client/steam and select the game client you want to download. Well at least I now know when steam came on board. It is was 2015 ;)

Game Client Download

Play SotA through Direct Download

[​IMG]
    Windows
    [​IMG]
    macOS
    [​IMG]
    Linux
    (tgz)
    Play SotA through Steam
    Your Steam Access Key has been successfully redeemed. Enjoy playing SotA on Steam!

This SotA account is associated with the following Steam account:

[​IMG]your name
    Key redeemed at: 2015-02-10 22:32:44 (UTC)

Note: This Steam access key is permanently attached to your personal Steam account and you will no longer be able to transfer or sell the Steam value from your account.

10. Avezack

Avezack Avatar

I have downloaded the client, the problem is that I do not have the username and password of the official account, because I have always connected with my steam account to the game and the website.

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  11. Avezack

Avezack Avatar

I just solved it, changed the mail and changed the password, it turns out that it does not ask me for the old password to do it.

PD: In general, other games do not allow one to change the password without having the previous one or without using the old mail. My mistake when I did not notice that first.

Time Lord, Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.