The bank is not centralize?!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by ng_dominic, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ng_dominic

ng_dominic Avatar

Is this the design?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Yes

“Items stored in the bank can only be collected again from the same bank, so it is a good idea to always use the same location.”

Source: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Bank

I recommend to get a room from Inn if you don’t have a house so you can store your stuff. Use bank only for climed and special items.

Getting Room from Inn you can contact for example me ;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  3. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Yes, that's not a bug - it's a feature.
    Several years ago it was planned to establish economies in every region of the map, "protected" by passes and long trading-routes. But does not happen/function very well. Now we have a bunch of friends in every part of the world and they can be used like the old teleport-runes in UO to teleport to. Search yourself a bank you like and can reach easily from your hotel/home/lot/pot/town/... and use teleports/bind to move your items elsewhere if needed.

4. Bie

Bie Avatar

I didn't know that you could rent a room in this game. What are the mechanics for that? Can you buy stuff, like chests, and plop it down in your hotelroom?

I've been quite overburdened as of late and looking to fix that.

5. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Yes, you can! :)
    There are plenty of people offering places to live right here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/rental-services-free-places-to-live.1067/

Many of them will even do it for free. There are some guilds with cities prepared for this. :)

They'll mark you as a tenant, so any items you place on their lot will be bound to you, and only you will have permissions on them (at max you can get evicted, but then everything will be automatically placed in your bank).

Numa, Bie and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Yes, the rental system in-game allows players to "rent" a room from another player for a fee (or, in some cases, for free). You'll get a room with a door and a certain number of allowed items you can place (depends on the landlord, number of rooms in the Inn, etc.). Anything you place in the room is yours; no one else can take it from you. Even if you get evicted, the landlord can't take your stuff; it would all go directly back to your Bank.

If your travels take you to the Central Brittany area, go due north to the town of Lake Cusabo. I'll set you up with a FREE room in the Inn (2 lighting sources, 2 containers, and 20 other deco items allowed per room). Plus, you'll have free access to the Commission-Free Vendor we have on the Inn property. Contact Tiffani SaintOnge in-game and I'll get you settled in.

Kara Brae, Numa, Bie and 2 others like this.
  7. Bie

Bie Avatar

I might take you up on that offer at a later time. But for the moment I'm staying nearby Aerie to complete my quests.

Thank you for the offer though.

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Blockchain FTW

Numa likes this.
  9. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

At first I didn't think I wasn't going to like not having things centralized, but I'm so used to it now that I don't even notice. I hardly go to my bank to be honest. I mostly use my storage chests in my room I have in Brittany Fort.

Sonja and Numa like this.
  10. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

I don't find it weird on it's own at all cause I used to play Mortal Online for a while.

What I find weird is that number of bank slots IS shared across all banks.

Why? Why other banks care how much stuff I put in other banks? I understand it's unrealistic for all banks to to have shared access to stuff I put into them. But then why slots are shared?

It just does not make any sense to me.

Bowen Bloodgood, Numa and Kara Brae like this.
  11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Besides the room rental system there is also the Guild Chapter House System in the game. Many Guilds have Chapter houses in different towns that allow guild members to place containers. When I‘m far from home I like to store my stuff in a Guild Chapter House.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.