Anpu's Guides to Getting Started - The Outskirts and beyond

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Anpu, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Here are a collection of guides I have written that will help any new player, even if you are just starting for the first time, or have been playing for a while. These go over some very basic, but very important topics that will help you when playing Shroud of the Avatar.

What I am going to provide here, is a list of all the guides I have (and will be adding) and provide one source for you to find them all. Of note, all of my guides will always be up to date. I confirm and verify the information contained in my guides. And I routinely check these each release (or so, depending on my time). If something does change, I will update the section of my guide that has changed. I'll just update this original post as I add more.

There are already numerous threads all over the forum on many subjects, and I encourage you to read them, like the excellent Rinaldi's List Of Useful Links (that has TONS of useful information).

Please DO read the Player Instruction guide that is updated and found in game, by clicking on the Help icon, that is at the top of your screen in game. This contains a vast amount of information to help you play the game.

My guides try to convey information to any new player, that has just joined the game and is starting to play now. I try to approach each guide with that in mind. Our game can be a bit intimidating at first, when you are a completely new player (people always forget that). ;)

I will try my best to keep these up to date. I will however note at the bottom of each of these guides when I did last check and verity the information contained with it.

When in doubt if something seems off always PLEASE do let me know and I'll try to get it updated. But also always refer to your character’s task list and read all journal entries for your primary quest goals and what to do next.

Current list of guides by Anpu:

Player Basics Series
    Player Basics - Logging into the Online Game and the User Interface
    Player Basics - Not all Maps work for every scene in the game currently
    Player Basics - A Basic Combat Deck
    Player Basics - Getting Gold
    Player Basics - Speaking to the Oracle Daily
    Player Basics - Understanding Adventure XP and Crafting XP
    Player Basics - Basic Skills that will be helpful to every New Player
    Player Basics - Recipes
    Understanding the Quest System
    How to post a Bug Report
    Bard Skill Basics
    The Basic Guide for Mounts
    How to add a basic Conversationalist NPC with dialogue
    Guide to Naming your Lots (House Name) and the new Lot Listing Window

Getting Started - Outskirts Guides
    OUTDATED Solace Bridge Outskirts - The Complete Quest Guide Needs Updated version
    Blood River Outskirts - The Complete Quest Guide
    Highvale Outskirts - The Complete Quest Guide

The Episode 1 Main Quest guides:
    OUTDATED - The Episode 1 Main Quest - The Path of Love Complete Guide Needs Updated version
    The Episode 1 Main Quest - The Path of Courage Complete Guide
    The Episode 1 Main Quest - The Path of Truth Complete Guide

Further adventures
    Crooked Shank - Complete Quest Guide
    Soltown - The Complete Quest Guide

Daily Quests
    The List of Daily Quests

Misc
    Significant changes to the game for returning players
    Where to find information on patches to the game
    Understanding the Rewards Program and when items for that are delivered
    Understanding the stuck blue markers in your compass (and how to fix them)
    Using your One Time Quest Reset option
    Removing Items from other Players from your Vendor

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Added to SotAHelp.org :) Many thanks, I just peeked at the individual outskirts guides -- SUPERB!

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you Shawn. I WILL eventually get to the point I do guides for every quest in the game. But that's gonna take a while.... :)

5. Lloyd Black

Lloyd Black Avatar

I have the game quite a time. But couldn't find free time for entering the world. Nowadays, I began to play it, but lost myself quickly. Thanks to your guide I can enjoy. I'm on 3rd Outskirts, but already archived your posts to a word file.

I wonder is there any Episode 2 Main Quests? Or didn't released yet?

Will you continue your guides?

Thank you for your hard work.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Episode 2 is still a Work In Progress where they add stuff from it to live from time to time. The Episode 2 Main Quest is not in. It will not be finished any time soon.

So far we do have a few things you can do that all start from the town of Tanglemire and the quests you can do there for now are in the Tanglemire/Quests section of the wiki.

I will continue to to guides, they just take a lot of time to do and research.

Glad my guides were helpful to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.