Are there any pieces left?

Discussion in 'The Bards of Poets' Circle' started by Forki, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forki

Forki Avatar

I apologize for having to ask this, but i'm rather perplexed by the spreadsheet.
    I would love it if a kind soul would help me figure out if there are any pieces left that
    still need doing.

Thanks

Time Lord likes this.
  2. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Yeah the combat one

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

Forki,

There are only a handful of songs left, most are special cases that are already assigned and are being worked on. I have been maintaining an easier-to-read version of the song list for purposes of clearly seeing the status of each track, and I audited that list on March 31st when RG did his latest review. Since then there haven't been any new submissions, so I am reasonably confident that it is up to date.

These are the songs that are remaining according to my audit:
    • Aetherial Meditation
    • Aetherial Storm
    • Love (Masculine)
    • Evil (TLC in Minor)
    • Rule Britannia (Brittany)
    Of all of those tracks, only 'Rule Britannia (Brittany)' is not assigned to someone. For reference, here is the audit sheet that I am maintaining:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ot5PiqCCKPqaArdK5dlXiYKzOVYZw_pQiQVZVPPSRGw/edit?usp=sharing

As the development team continues to move forward, there's always the chance that they will discover the need for a new track, but that's just conjecture on my part. For now, the music creation phase is essentially finished. That may change when and if the option to add custom music for Player Owned Towns is introduced, however!

Time Lord and Ember like this.
  4. Truthveyor

Truthveyor Avatar

I've been listening to the Poets' Circle's music for the last couple weeks on SoundCloud. I just want to say here that I admire all of the musicians that contributed to SotA very much. I have a feeling there is no lack of musicians who want to tackle the last song ('Rule Britannia'), but my guess is that there will be more music needed later, if not for Episode 1 of SotA, then for Episode 2-5 of the game, which I think will be released yearly, so there will be needs for more compositions yet. I'll try to hone my craft so I'll be ready for those.

Time Lord and Spoon like this.
  5. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

I'm sure you're right, Truthveyor. There will be more new music needed for later episodes. I am (alas) not a Portalarium employee, so I can't say that for certain, but it only makes sense. Because of how successful the crowdsourcing of music was this time, it seems likely that they will crowdsource the music through Poets' Circle again in the future. As such, I'm confident there will be plenty of opportunity for musicians who weren't involved this time around to ply their craft at the later episodes.

Time Lord, Ember and Spoon like this.
  6. Truthveyor

Truthveyor Avatar

In case anyone is reading this thread, Player Owned Towns now need musicians.

7. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

On that note, if you head to this thread, it has instructions on the entire process of getting music created and approved for a Player Owned Town. If you don't already have a musician to create a song, you can also reach out to Poets' Circle, and the bards who were responsible for the current SotA soundtrack can make one for you.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community, by the way.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

Unfortunately, that fellow Forki seems to have only posted that one message, and hasn't been back for a year. :-(

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.